Classes of 2008 and 2009

You better bring rain gear if you're going to be here in April .... unless you're very, very lucky!

We really like the kayaks we currently have and the only tandem experience we have is in the blow-up tandem. That's a whole new experience because they don't track well at all. What length and brand of kayak do you have?

It'll be good to see you both again. However, no way can we plan that far in advance ... no way at all.

I do know about the weather in the NW in April, but like I said, it is what works. But plans do change. Who knows, we might just drive a car up to Portland to do what we need to do.

As far as kayaks, http://liquidlogickayaks.com/deuce_coupe.cfm is what we own. And really like it. If we had two it would be the deuce.

Edited by acoupleofboomers

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So those of you having rain, send us some! The drought this year is terrible.

Wish we could have sent you some of what we had last night. We certainly had enough to share. It came down so hard and heavy we could barely see the railing on our tiny deck.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We are back in Montana and settled for a couple of months. Jim is so ready to go fishing and it's raining and predicting more rain for at least the next three days. Montana is happy to have the rain but I wish we could send some of it to California and all those southwestern states.

Eric - it will be wonderful to see you guys again. Glad you can make it down our way.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

After a few problems, we are now back on the forum.

Jeri have you looked at the weather for your kayak trip? Weather doesn't seem very warm on Thursday, but no rain so our plans are on to meet you in Friday Harbor.

It's rained here for the past few days. Other than our ferry ride through the San Juans on Thursday, we plan a sightseeing tour through Seattle and another trip to Snoqualmie Falls. Should be quite a bit a water in them now.

We will leave this area on the 26th of June and start our trip east.

Sandie, we should be in the Helena area July 3rd. Hope we don't run into problems getting a spot at White Sandy Beach. They don't take reservations.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We head north in the morning and have been watching the weather. High for the day is expected to be 65 but if the sun is shining, it should be good. The winds are what we worry most about because that's open water out there .. not a lake, not a river. Hopefully, we'll be warm enough and if not .... oh well. We've passed the point of refunds and at the price we're paying for it, we can't cancel. We're looking forward to seeing both of you and Mr. Spiker on Thursday.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Sandie, we should be in the Helena area July 3rd. Hope we don't run into problems getting a spot at White Sandy Beach. They don't take reservations.

The earlier you can get there the better chance you have of getting a spot. There are also a couple of other spots but I can't think of the names right now. I'll check it out and let you know.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Thanks Sandie,

We will be coming down from Kalispell. It about 200 miles. We should be there around noon I hope. Just let me know any other options.

Linda - also check out Devil's Elbow Campground as well as Black Sandy Campground. They are all kind of in the same area. Also, when we lived in Kalispell and came to Helena, we always went down the east side of Flathead Lake and through Swan Lake to Seeley Lake (Highway 83). When you get to the big cow you turn left on highway 200 til you get to Highway 141 to Avon. At Avon turn left on Highway 12. It's one of the most beautiful drives in Montana. Well, at least I think so. If you decide to come down through Missoula be sure to obey the speed limit cause you are on Reservation land and they are really strict. As you get close to Helena you will go over McDonald Pass but it's an easy drive if you take it easy coming down this side of it.

When you come into Montana you are going to pass a school on your right just before a curve. If you look to your right just past the school you will see our rig parked up a small hill on the side of the road. Sure looking forward to seeing you guys. I'm going to be checking out some karaoke places in the next couple of days.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Those are the roads that mapquest had given us coming out of Kalispell. Good to know that the roads will be okay. I do have Devils Elbow on the list also so between the two we should be okay. Not sure if karaoke is on the list of things to do, but I know that Ed would love to go fishing with Jim. Looking forward to seeing you too.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Sandie, glad you had a fun trip back to Helena. I copied the driections above in case we, too, decide to come that way. Hope to see you maybe in August? Not sure yet when we will wind up some place.<br /><br />We leave Monday and will skip going to Sequoia Nat. Park. Especially since a lot of the south part is burning! Scary! That is the 3rd fire in our area since we have been in Coarsegold! Will be somewhere on the coast by Wed. or Thurs.<br /><br /><br />Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We head north in the morning and have been watching the weather. High for the day is expected to be 65 but if the sun is shining, it should be good. The winds are what we worry most about because that's open water out there .. not a lake, not a river. Hopefully, we'll be warm enough and if not .... oh well. We've passed the point of refunds and at the price we're paying for it, we can't cancel. We're looking forward to seeing both of you and Mr. Spiker on Thursday.

Ok, so are you there yet? :D We are looking forward to our trip out to see you guys also. If the weather is in the mid 60's it should be a really nice day out there. But then any day that the sun shines in the San Juans is a nice day. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Ok, so are you there yet? :D We are looking forward to our trip out to see you guys also. If the weather is in the mid 60's it should be a really nice day out there. But then any day that the sun shines in the San Juans is a nice day. :lol:

Joe

We are HERE! However, we've done so much today, we're totally zonked tonight. I'd love to look at all my pictures but too tired to do much of that. It's been absolutely beautiful. It's interesting the weather. The humidity is high enough that even though the temperature is in the mid-60's, it feels much, much warmer. It's been perfect with sunshine. We can certainly see why you like this island. It's gorgeous. We were really surprised at how big the town and waterfront is. We took a trip to Lime Kiln Park after we arrived. We're waiting for you to do Roche Harbor and the American Camp park. Loved the ferry through the islands. Still waiting to see whales. Hopefully, we won't have to buy pictures or them because we'll have our own from the kayaks ..... .

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We are HERE! However, we've done so much today, we're totally zonked tonight. I'd love to look at all my pictures but too tired to do much of that. It's been absolutely beautiful. It's interesting the weather. The humidity is high enough that even though the temperature is in the mid-60's, it feels much, much warmer. It's been perfect with sunshine. We can certainly see why you like this island. It's gorgeous. We were really surprised at how big the town and waterfront is. We took a trip to Lime Kiln Park after we arrived. We're waiting for you to do Roche Harbor and the American Camp park. Loved the ferry through the islands. Still waiting to see whales. Hopefully, we won't have to buy pictures or them because we'll have our own from the kayaks ..... .

Right on. Glad your having a good time out there. It is one of my favorite places to go for a day trip. Have you learned about "The Pig War" yet? ;) You also need to see English Camp. Oh and the run out to Cattle Point is nice also. See you Thursday, have a good time tomorrow.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• 3 weeks later...

The Lavins have arrived - yippee!! Had a good time visiting with them today and showing them some of the town. Jim and Ed are going fishing tomorrow. At 5:00 a.m. It's in the low 90's here with thunderstorms every evening. Mother Nature doing her own fireworks.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We are still at Park Sierra in Coarsegold, CA until the 15th. Gosh, but it is hot and dry! 100 all next week. Can hardly wait to leave. I am tired of all these fires! It is very scary. There are two that are still burning acording to this morning's news and no rain in sight. Sandie, lasso some of those rain/thunder clouds and send them over the mountains to us!

Carol

The Simpsons

We had a wonderful time visiting with Jim and Sandie Dixon. They showed us around Helena on Thursday and Friday Jim and Ed spent ALL day on the lake fishing. Thank you Jim, Ed had a blast! Yesterday we had them over for dinner. Of course we talked about everyone. We are leaving this morning and heading toward West Yellowstone. Haven't quite decided yet, may stop in Ennis for a night or two to visit Virginia City/Nevada City Montana. You know that chalk!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

Well the time is winding down at the campground. Just six more weeks, It has been busy, the last seven weekends both campgrounds have been full, it has started raining every afternoon and it's getting cooler too, so it should slow down a little. Hope everyone is well and happy. I just thought I would bump this thred back up before we lose our ID.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Good Idea Freddy. We are winding down here in Ohio and will be hitting the road soon after Labor Day. Doing a little work on the 5th wheel today which helps ease the hitch itch.

Enjoy your travels and be safe..........Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Well, we are leaving Tacoma (at the AFB) this morning and will be in Randall for 4 days to revisit parts of Mt. St. Helens we missed before. We keep changing our roving plans!! We may also revisit Mt. Ranier for the 4th time (I love the drive up there). We will be staying at Shady Furs. A great CG under the trees and nice folks that run it. Last time we learned a personal experience from the owner about Mt. St. Helens when it blew. What a story! We will be there for 4 days.

Then we are going up to the SKP park in Port Townsend, WA. Just need a place to chill out again for awhile. Have been there before so we like the park. Plus the grocery store has Huckelberry ice cream. UMM! There are areas to explore from there. Anyone else there now or on their way?

Jim & Sandy, wave to my relatives as you visit Lynchburg! Sorry we will miss you in MT. But will catch up with you in Mesa. May be having a bunch of work $$$$$ done at RV Renovators. I hate it but we do what we have to. This is way beyond what we can do ourselves I'm NOT going to the HH factory! So we will have plenty of time to visit.

Carol

The Simpsons

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim & Sandie...... Just wanted you guys to know the Logans are alive well and kicking still. 2014 has been a bit tough on us.... I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March.... we decided to go through radiation therapy... which I just finished.... and am waiting to start tests all over again. But as the man said after he jumped out of the 10th story window....and passed the 9th floor...."So far so good"!

But life is good and we are learning to enjoy each and every day to the fullest. It is amazing how life changes when your doctor says, "You have cancer". We bought a different truck, new fifth wheel.... and a car, booked a cruise and are now planning trips for this month and next month.

But thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers and cards.

People are great!!!

Edited by xnman

Full timing since June 1, 2009 - Class of 2009 and loving it!
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch, 6.4L CC DRW 4x4 - 2013 39ft Keystone Alpine 3555 RL 5ver

Currently part of Sojourners

Hey Jim & Sandie...... Just wanted you guys to know the Logans are alive well and kicking still. 2014 has been a bit tough on us.... I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March.... we decided to go through radiation therapy... which I just finished.... and am waiting to start tests all over again. But as the man said after he jumped out of the 10th story window....and passed the 9th floor...."So far so good"!

But life is good and we are learning to enjoy each and every day to the fullest. It is amazing how life changes when your doctor says, "You have cancer". We bought a different truck, new fifth wheel.... and a car, booked a cruise and are now planning trips for this month and next month.

But thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers and cards.

People are great!!!

So good to hear from you guys. We know exactly what you mean about the big C. Jim was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2012. He had surgery and had part of his left lung removed.(He actually ended up having four surgeries that year). Still has to go back every six months for check ups but like you said - so far so good.

Where are you guys at? Where are you planning your trips for? We're in Montana and headed for Virginia in September. We'll be back in Arizona in November.

Sure wish we could meet somewhere sometime.

Prayers and hugs are being sent your way. Please keep in touch.

Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon