Classes of 2008 and 2009

I went into town this morning to send in my quarterly tax to Uncle Sam. the post office was so crowed with people trying to get to the window that I couldn't even get into the Building. I needed to get a prescription refilled at Wally World so I just got back in the truck and headed for Parker. So what was supposed to be a half hour trip to the PO ended up being a half day trip to Parker. So now I have my taxes paid and my medicine in hand but am as broke as a wine glass in under a steam roller. When I got back all the gang was out in front of the club house ( canopy ) so I gabbed for the next half hour. I never did get a chance to take a Steve so I should sleep well tonight.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toni & Doug, glad to hear you got the rig going again, you sure don't want to "tip it over" and spill the two buck up chuck. Hope the rest of your trip is smooth sailing! Steve

SMOOTH SAILING - Sheesh! California Hwys are terrible. Maybe worse than Washington ones, nope, not quite.

We are at a rest stop between Modesto and Madera heading to Bakerfield. We will be up early and after loading grub in Parker, we will see y'all at Quartzsite. Well not you Steve, hurry up already, we are beating you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We Had our first campfire tonight and boy a lot of ears should be burning. If you were not present you got talked about. First I made up a juicy story about you then Jeri embellished it. If you get arrested on the way here you'll know why. These stories spread fast and the only way you can stop them is get here in a hurry because we don't talk about anyone who is here to defend themselves. Steve you stay away a little longer we are not done talking about you yet. We even talked about Dave C. He's here but he didn't come to the campfire tonight. So far the weather has been beautiful. I think it's waiting for us to plan a big pot luck dinner or something to get really nasty. The wood venders are finally starting to show up in Q. But boy are they expensive this year. But we figure that if we start bad enough rumors about everyone who is not here they will start breathing fire and keep us warm anyway.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Toni and Doug, this is carol speaking. on forum for the first time. don't faint, friends.

i just wanted to tell you both how horrified I was when steve read me your story.

It was a close call and I am so glad you are both safe and sound.

And you are making it to Q before us. Please take care of yourselves. See you soon!:D

Toni and Doug, this is carol speaking. on forum for the first time. don't faint, friends.

i just wanted to tell you both how horrified I was when steve read me your story.

It was a close call and I am so glad you are both safe and sound.

And you are making it to Q before us. Please take care of yourselves. See you soon!:D

Yea Carol. So glad to see you posting. Keep it up.

Just heard from Toni and they will be here early afternoon.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We took a little ride today and ended up in Q. After a phone call to Jeri, I looked up to see a Lime Green 4 wheeler with a semi crazy lady driving. :lol: So I followed her and darned if it didn't turn out to be Jeri, not some crazy lady after all. Had a good visit with Jeri, Jim and Sandie, Denise(?), Lee, and Mr and Mrs Coldsmoke. Then it was off to the big city of Quartzsite for a bit of shopping before returning to the more settled area of Winterhaven. Yes we talked about everyone that wasn't there and decided on lots of things. However we didn't talk about a Group Night Out for Dinner. So I'd like to propose that we have Dinner at "Da Boyz" once again.

Ok, bout time for Happy Hour so I gots to run. Steve the Baaad Whiskey supply in in grave danger. :o

Joe

I would like to "Second" that proposal! Love that place and loved our get together last year. Would really like it!!!! :)

Joe.....we're at The Palms off 32nd at 7 E..... Went to Mexico today. Going again tomorrow. Planning on road tripping to Q around the 15th and several times if I have to!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Yea Carol. So glad to see you posting. Keep it up.

Just heard from Toni and they will be here early afternoon.

As in.....Thursday - today? HOpe so and hope they're ok....and ready for a rest. Also.....am going to Mexico tomorrow....anyone need anything that I can carry out of there? Two buck up chuck? I'll be headed up your way the 15th! Or is it Kaluha or Tequiza or what ever! Or maybe just good ol Cranberry Juice!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Toni and Doug just pulled in. We'll get them parked properly in the morning. But sure am glad they got here safe and sound.

We are so happy to be here. We are safe, not sure about the sound part though.

It's so great to be here with our other family. Family that understands our life. So much fun.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We are so happy to be here. We are safe, not sure about the sound part though.

It's so great to be here with our other family. Family that understands our life. So much fun.

Whew, there for a while I thought your RV had put down roots. :lol: Welcome to AZ. We'll see you soon.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We are still in Benson. We've decided to daytrip up to Tucson for dr. appointments instead of moving up there. I see the surgeonagain next Tuesday- if I don't need surgery we should be able to head to Q soon thereafter, but obviously if I need surgery, all bets are off. Everything looks good so far, so w should be good to go.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Whew what a day. Met friends from home at the indoor Market in Yuma. After wandering around that for a while, we headed over to the Arizona Market Place for the rest of the day. Boy did that Adult Beverage taste good late in the afternoon. So today guess I go out to where they are staying and pick him up for a trip to a Gun Show. Never can tell what you might see at one of them.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Boy it was an interesting day, So you better get here fast. We are being invaded by Aliens and they are taking all the spaces we were saving for you slow pokes. Last night around the campfire so many people were talking you couldn't here your self think. Maybe that is why all the talk was so thoughtless. Except mine of course. I think right after I say something every time. But, usually I'm thinking I shouldn't have said that. The weather has been perfect although we are supposed to get a couple of chilly days but then go right back to the balmy stuff. Jeri won't share her cranberry juice with me so bring some cranberry juice. (Pinot Noir) but come to think of it I'll drink just about anything just so it's bought by someone else.

Edited by IYQ

Shadowtracks is here in Benson with us. We had Margaritas and Mexican food with them last night--- oooooh boy!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

On the road again .... well, kind of. Most of you already know that we have moved the location for a get together. It's not far from where we originally scouted and planted ourselves ten days ago. However, it's not in the same location the 2007'ers are having theirs. After being around for a few days, we had come to understand this was a special reunion for them. It is their 5th reunion. They would like to have an opportunity to park together and mingle together. We just felt it might be a little better if those that weren't 2007'ers move down the road a bit.

The directions are similar to what I posted before. Turn off the main BLM road left by the Art and Jan sign before you get to the dump. This sign is on the left side of the road. On the right side of the road is another sign that says - line starts here for dump. The road marker indicates it is road 583. Turn left at that point and follow that road through four very small (easy) washes. You will see us immediately on the left. The road to turn on is about one mile in on the BLM road from Hwy 95 and just before the garbage cans.

These are the coordinates. N 33.61663 W 114.20251

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I'm sad. We're back in Apache Junction and it's getting cold. How depressing is that. But Jim has lots of doctor appointments and a couple of things I want done before he has surgery. So here we are. It is nice to have electricity and to be able to really take a shower. But I sure do miss everybody.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Terry and Jeri and Your's truely went to the Palo Verde for dinner this evening. The food was very good and the company even better. It was a little too uncomfortable outside to have a campfire so we went out to dinner instead. The weather is supposed to be a little better tomorrow so maybe we can sit outside and be sociable again. I like our new digs here. We are close enough to the dumpsters to walk over every morning with the trash. And we should be able to see how long the dump line is from here. How every I may try one of the holding tank pumping services if they are not too expensive. It would beat spending several hours in that line at the dump. Jeri said she knew of one that would pump out your waste tanks and fill your fresh water tank for $35. I picked up a card for another but don't know what they charge or wheather they will also fill the fresh water tank. I'll have to call and find out. Jim and Sandy went to Apache Junction and Denice pulled out to meet some of her friend but both will be back. And our Canadian friends from Holtville will leave in the morning. We need some replacement so we can defend this new territory (and I hope they bring cranberry juice).

I was surprised this AM to see all the 08-09'ers pulling out, a little shocked that Jim and Sandie, and the single lady from Canada, (don't remember her name) was the only ones to come over to say bye.

Yes this is the Class of 2007's 5 year reunion, and like any Escapee function it is open to ANYONE that wants to join in.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

On the road again .... well, kind of. Most of you already know that we have moved the location for a get together. It's not far from where we originally scouted and planted ourselves ten days ago. However, it's not in the same location the 2007'ers are having theirs. After being around for a few days, we had come to understand this was a special reunion for them. It is their 5th reunion. They would like to have an opportunity to park together and mingle together. We just felt it might be a little better if those that weren't 2007'ers move down the road a bit.

The directions are similar to what I posted before. Turn off the main BLM road left by the Art and Jan sign before you get to the dump. This sign is on the left side of the road. On the right side of the road is another sign that says - line starts here for dump. The road marker indicates it is road 583. Turn left at that point and follow that road through four very small (easy) washes. You will see us immediately on the left. The road to turn on is about one mile in on the BLM road from Hwy 95 and just before the garbage cans.

These are the coordinates. N 33.61663 W 114.20251

Thanks for the coordinates. Will see you one of these days. Dan has been down all day. Just depends on his progress!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I'm sad. We're back in Apache Junction and it's getting cold. How depressing is that. But Jim has lots of doctor appointments and a couple of things I want done before he has surgery. So here we are. It is nice to have electricity and to be able to really take a shower. But I sure do miss everybody.

Will be thinking about ya and probably talking about ya, and well, praying that Jim's surgery goes great and you have a "Brand New Man!" This week my man got new glasses and new teeth and if we could find somewhere to get a new back, then I'd have a new man too!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08