Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay guys - there is NO quad in Jim's future unless it's riding Jeri and Terry's. Remember - we already have two boats, a motorhome, a fifth wheel and a truck. No more. Well unless we win the lottery of course. I keep forgetting we need to buy a ticket first.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I'm all ready to leave for the 130 mile drive to the SLABS for the winter. I'll pull out as soon as I get some breakfast into me tomorrow morning. I got the Shade Screen window covers installed this morning and they look really nice. I left the truck and trailer all hooked up so I don't have to fuss with it in the morning. It's been a little boring this afternoon because I didn't want to get anything out to play with so I've been basdically twittling my thumbs all afternoon.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Made it to Las Cruces, NM yesterday. Since they predicted 30 degree temperature for last night I opted to stay in an RV park rather than Walmart it. Decided on Sunny Acres and on check in was told they give an SKP discount. At $19.70 this is not a bad park. Bit on the dusty side but again not bad. Met up with friends and we went to a GREAT little Brew Pub for dinner, heck could have walked to it from the RV Park.

Now today I get to start my journey across the wilds of texas. Look out Jerry and Janice I'm headed your way. Now if the dang weather would just warm back up.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I have read little smidgens (is that a word?) of information about a big reunion this year planned at Quartzsite. The reunion is supposed to be for five days beginning on January 15 and for the classes of 2007 - 2011. I think it would be fun for a big group event if others from our group also attended. However, that's all the info I know and I can't seem to find anything else out there. :D

Anyone else know anything? :huh:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I have read little smidgens (is that a word?) of information about a big reunion this year planned at Quartzsite. The reunion is supposed to be for five days beginning on January 15 and for the classes of 2007 - 2011. I think it would be fun for a big group event if others from our group also attended. However, that's all the info I know and I can't seem to find anything else out there. :D

Anyone else know anything? :huh:

Count us in!

(Smidgen is a word, English people say it all the time. A smidgen of this, a smidgen of that)

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Yesterday we "got caught"! Most of the time we don't get into situations where we have to unhook the toad to turn around or get out of a tight spot. The last one was in a Walmart parking lot in Amarillo Texas this spring. We parked for the night and when we went to exit the parking lot around the building, there was no exit! :o They were repaving the lot and everything was torn up. Anyway, yesterday we pulled into a cut-off to a vista overlook, like many they have on this HY 101. I had just gone about 100', and all of a sudden realized that there was no way back to the HY, and no room to turn around. :angry: Of course it was raining out too, so that didn't help any. At least we were only 5 miles from our destination (where we were going to have to unhook anyway), so Carol went on ahead in the truck to the elks and got us a spot. Nice Elks club here with large back in spots, 30A, water and cable TV. Looks like we will hang out here for a couple of days and check this burg out. Looks like there are at least 4 DD&D locations here. :P Hmmmmmmm Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Here is the information for the "all class get together" and we can merge our class into it. More people to meet and more to eat!

---------------------------

The Date: Sunday 1/15/2012 thru Friday 1/20/2012 (come early if you want and certainly stay longer if it suits you.)

The Place Quartzsite Arizona in the LaPosa South Area. ( The actual spot will be chosen and posted the first week of January when the Fleegers and a few others arrive to scout it out. There will be signs and GPS co- ordinates posted at that time. )

Most have indicated that they are interested in a laid back atmosphere to relax and visit. In light of this we are planning only a few social things.

Food: Since none of us have ever gone hungry (even Ron Fleeger & Bob Pinner) when this class gathers and someone always enjoys coming up with an idea of their own, we are at this point planning 3 food events.

If anyone has an idea and wishes to add to this please feel free to do so. Just give me a shout so I can add it in. Just remember to bring some extra food stuffs with you for those impromtu meal gatherings.

As always bring your chair and your beverage of choice.

Sunday evening 1/15:. Bring a heavy Hor d'oeuvre to share.

Meet around the campfire early to reunite with friends of old and meet a few new ones.

Tuesday 1/17: Potluck...we never organize it and all the right stuff shows up anyway. ( Don't worry about

having to much Ron will be hungry again before the camp fire goes out!!!)

Friday 1/20. Chili Supper : Would be fun to do dutch ovens but if not then we will do it in pots... either way there will be one vegan and one regular. Let me know if you will want Vegan so that we have enough of it made. Volunteers to make cornbread will be welcomed.

FEE: TBA soon. There will be a fee per person to cover the cost of firewood and other incidentals. Any left over funds will be included in the donation to CARE from the auction proceeds.

Auction for Care: I would like to have an auction for our donation to CARE. The proceeds from the auction will be sent to CARE from the "class of 2007" If you would be interested in donating

an item let me know. ( Maybe you have a relationship with a merchant who would be willing to

donate an item)

------------------------------------------------------------

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Any one in your class who is interested in attending this event is welcome. I only ask that you please send me a PM with your e-mail address so that I can add you to the attending list.

We do need to plan for a big enough area to accomadate the crowd. The entire thread can be read here: Class gathering in Q

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Thanks

Linda the official "Room Mother" and one of the 3 "Cat Herders" of the "07 Class)

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Any one in your class who is interested in attending this event is welcome. I only ask that you please send me a PM with your e-mail address so that I can add you to the attending list.

We do need to plan for a big enough area to accomadate the crowd. The entire thread can be read here: Class gathering in Q

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Thanks

Linda the official "Room Mother" and one of the 3 "Cat Herders" of the "07 Class)

Can the class of 08/09 get a cat herder? :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

If Full timers were more like other people we wouldn't need to "herded" !!! You will notice that it takes a minimum of 3 to get the "07" crowd wrangled up in one spot. ( It speaks volumes that all 3 of us are females :lol: )

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I pulled into the Slabs about 10 this morning. While coming through Glamis at the east edge of the dunes I hit a railroad crossing that was pretty rough. When I got here to the slabs everything that could be on the floor was on the floor including the curtain rods and curtains. You can bet I'll slow down there the next time. I was greeted with so many hugs that I thought I'd have to get artificial respiration to start breathing again. I just came back from a dinner the president put on. Roast Pork, Mashed taters, grave, slaw and fried cabbage with a pudding cake for dessert. Boy was it good. No wonder I alway leave here weighing more than when I came. The new window covers I had made in Q sure are nice. I don't even have to take them down while on the road and they realy block out the sun while allowing you to see through them. You can't see into the trailer from outside in the day time but you can at night. That won't make much difference with me because I don't ever turn the bedroom light on anyway and here at the slabs there is nobody close enough to see in my windows anyway.

Dave C: I'll have to see what the situation is on 1/15 before I can answer that one. It's 130 miles from here to Q. And that is way to early for me to be heading back east. I normally don't leave here until mid February or early March unless It's just a trip down to Yuma for our own class meeting. It's only 85 miles from here to Yuma.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Dozer herds himself, wrapping himself around chair legs, posts, sewer lines, landing gear, truck tires, etc etc.We are hoping to be there but will know better when it gets closer.Right now we are in shreveport LA. Headed to TX soon, getting new axles shipped. yeah, the trailer is only four months old and we are getting new axles. UGH.

Sue

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Joe..Try and come for one of the scheduled meals..

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

11/10 to to 11/13 at the SKP park in Deming. After ten great days in Rock Hound St. Pk. we need to move just doen the raod to catch up on laundry and wee what is going on with fellow SKPs.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com