Classes of 2008 and 2009

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! HUH?? look out Jeri, see if there's any more spaces left in the Elks down there. We are pulling out in about 30 minutes. Steve

Eek! You're coming this way? Well, we beat you and only two of us here so I think you might be able to squeeze into one of the other 15 or so spots.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim & Sandie:

We were about two weeks ahead of you. We stayed at the Kanab RV Corral when we went to Zion a couple of weeks ago. Hope ya'll are having fun. We are at Tucimcari NM Elks on the way to Texas.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Well....you guys are about a week ahead of us! We will stay at Las Cruces next Monday and then head up across that way going home...gonna stop for the night at Amarillo on Tuesday. Drive safe and enjoy the fall weather!I am actually looking for some cooler temps for a while! Had about enough heat.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Freddy & Delcie - we stayed at the Corral also. It worked out perfectly because we didn't have to unhook the boat.

We're in Flagstaff tonight at Black Barts. They let us take two spots so we didn't have to unhook the boat. Think we'll be back in Apache Junction tomorrow. Way hot down there.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We're in Story City, Iowa. We only drove two hours today. It was too windy to be on the road and it's supposed to be windy again tomorrow so we'll stay here two nights. Went to Happy Chef for a late lunch and they had so many delicious sounding things on their menu we may go back again tomorrow. Maybe for more than one meal. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I helped my friend finish his Solar installation this morning. Then another of my neighbors wanted to talk to me about learning how to carve. We talked for about 3 hours. Between all the talk and 3 trips to town to get stuff we needed to complete the solar hook up, I'm pooped. Had trouble with the hip pain almost all day but I ain't going to give in to it. Maybe tomorrow will be a little more comfortable.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

When we pulled into the Elks yesterday it was nice and quiet and nearly empty. Next thing we knew a rowdy bunch decided to move in right next to us. They partied all hours of the night and told hilarious stories for all to hear. We were certainly tired by the time we could relax and take some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz's. It kind of reminded us of Steve. Wait!! It was Steve and Carol. :lol: :lol: And, in the normal RVing fashion we went out to eat. Isn't that what most RV'ers do? Well, today now we're meeting a couple of blogging partners in Portland and we'll drag them along with us.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

When we pulled into the Elks yesterday it was nice and quiet and nearly empty. Next thing we knew a rowdy bunch decided to move in right next to us. They partied all hours of the night and told hilarious stories for all to hear. We were certainly tired by the time we could relax and take some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz's. It kind of reminded us of Steve. Wait!! It was Steve and Carol. :lol: :lol: And, in the normal RVing fashion we went out to eat. Isn't that what most RV'ers do? Well, today now we're meeting a couple of blogging partners in Portland and we'll drag them along with us.

Yep I was right, get all you guys together in the same place and there is gonna be trouble. :lol: Now I think I'm gonna get to move my pin on the map later today. Going NORTH for another days WORK. :o Just going to take the Tablet along, so will see how much trouble it is to change locations using it. :unsure: I will start heading south on Sunday, just won't get any farther than the Ole Home Base. Now starting Tuesday there is just no telling where that pin might end up. ;)

Lee I've decided to join you with the pain thing. Been going the the Chiropractor for the last 2 weeks working on my lower back. At least now I can bend over far enough to tie my shoes again.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Yep I was right, get all you guys together in the same place and there is gonna be trouble. :lol: Now I think I'm gonna get to move my pin on the map later today. Going NORTH for another days WORK. :o Just going to take the Tablet along, so will see how much trouble it is to change locations using it. :unsure: I will start heading south on Sunday, just won't get any farther than the Ole Home Base. Now starting Tuesday there is just no telling where that pin might end up. ;)

Lee I've decided to join you with the pain thing. Been going the the Chiropractor for the last 2 weeks working on my lower back. At least now I can bend over far enough to tie my shoes again.

Joe

Enough of this pain talk!! You boys get to feeling better. We want everyone to be well!

Actually, we'll be good and won't start much trouble with them until after the weekend. Our daughter lives about 2 miles from here so we're kicking around a bit with them over the weekend. Come Monday though ..... watch out 'cuz the Williams' and the Dwyer's are going to leave their little mark in this small town.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Woo! Hoo! Jeri's right. We tried to eat all the ribs at Famous Dave's last night. Mmmmmmmmm Good! Lets see now, where are we? Oh yeah Vancouver, Washington. Now we've got to check out this town. More neat things to see! Steve & Carol :D

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We are in Apache Junction. It's in the 90's - hard to believe it was only 31 this morning when we got up in Flagstaff. Jim's looking forward to doing some fishing next week.

Good luck Jim. Watch out fishies, here he comes!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

About 20 of us LOWs went out to the Adobe Deli for dinner tonight. We about took over the place. Was a lot of fun and a lot of food. I had ribs. They were presented as a full rack threaded on a sword that was stuck in a board with a large piece of slate for a plate under the ribs with corn on the cob and your choice of a starch. I was sitting at the end of the long table and the board that sword was stuck in extended about 3 inches beyond the edge of the table on both sides. I ate all I could hold and still have a rather large carry out box full of them for snacks. Now I'm ready to take a Steve. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Joe: Don't you dare cut in on my racket. I'm the only one who can plea for sympathy because of the pain. So you better get rid of that pain fast or I'll report you to the Sympathy police.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

OK, while this Tablet is good for keeping up with what's happening it sure sucks for moving pins on the map. Spent several minutes messing with it and all I really managed was to end up somewhere north and east of where I'm actually sitting. Hmmmm on second thought that could really be use full, make it a whole lot easier to "sneak up" on folks. :-)

Lee I'm way ahead of you, I already filed with the board for a Sympathy Waiver. Allows me to Whine, etc. for 2 more weeks and can be extended if needed. :-) :-) :-)

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We arranged to meet another couple at a restaurant in Portland yesterday. I've been following their blog and read that they were in Portland. We sat up a meeting place and then drug Steve and Carol along. We discovered a few things that were very, very interesting. One was that they were Escapees and two was that they would really be part of the Class of 2009 as that's when they started full-timing. We invited them to hop on the forum and introduce themselves. Steve tried to scare them away with all the tales he knew about the rest of you. Hopefully he didn't accomplish that and we'll be hearing from them soon. They plan on heading south and hanging out around the Yuma area. You know us. We invited them to join us and I actually think they just might. If you see a John and Judy posting here, you'll know who they are. They were very nice and I think they would fit in with this group just fine!! :rolleyes:

We all know Steve and Carol are night owls. I know I can't keep up with them even though I tried but it's the morning thing that gets me. I can't go to bed at midnight and still get up with the roosters. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Awww Jeri, you did fine, although I noticed you didn't post until 8:30 this morning. :rolleyes: Here it is the "crack of 10:30" and we're ready to rock and roll. :lol:

That was a nice lunch yesterday with John & Judy, and I hope I didn't scare them off. You guys know that all I had was "praise" for all of you. -_- Now about this "sympathy board", do they sell sympathy credits? I may have to stock up on a few just in case either of you guys run out of pain, and I would have to step in and "save the day". B) No kidding, "HEAL UP"! that's an order!! :lol: Well, I guess I'd better sip a little coffee and check out this burg. Steve

Wow! I stepped out of the bus door and tripped over John & Judy's "pin". Great to see you guys on the map!

Coldsmoke, you're up in north country where I grew up. Right ahead of you on rt 11 is Chateaugay where I lived. Just to the West of Chateaugay is High Falls park campground. Nice place to check out. There used to be an old pulp mill there on the river years ago. Good trout fishing there too. Steve

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Guest coldsmoke

Awww Jeri, you did fine, although I noticed you didn't post until 8:30 this morning. :rolleyes: Here it is the "crack of 10:30" and we're ready to rock and roll. :lol:

That was a nice lunch yesterday with John & Judy, and I hope I didn't scare them off. You guys know that all I had was "praise" for all of you. -_- Now about this "sympathy board", do they sell sympathy credits? I may have to stock up on a few just in case either of you guys run out of pain, and I would have to step in and "save the day". B) No kidding, "HEAL UP"! that's an order!! :lol: Well, I guess I'd better sip a little coffee and check out this burg. Steve

Wow! I stepped out of the bus door and tripped over John & Judy's "pin". Great to see you guys on the map!

Coldsmoke, you're up in north country where I grew up. Right ahead of you on rt 11 is Chateaugay where I lived. Just to the West of Chateaugay is High Falls park campground. Nice place to check out. There used to be an old pulp mill there on the river years ago. Good trout fishing there too. Steve

so you speak that border language to.. ehh

were from parishville area.. ehh

see you all on the road ,,,ehh

mike and deb

We had a Refrigerator fire tonight here at the LOW-HI RV Ranch. Fortunately, the gals next door neighbor spotted it before the rig went up in smoke but it did have flames and smoke destroy the panels on one side of the frig and above the frig. A second neighbor ran in with a fire extinguisher and dowsed the flame before it had a chance to catch anything else on fire. By the time the fire department got here the two guys had it pretty much under control but they were running out of fire extinguishers. The fire trucks were here for about 2 1/2 hours making sure everything was cold before they left. We found an extra bed for the gal that owned the rig to sleep in tonight and we'll see to it that she is cared for. She doesn't have insurance on her rig. I hope Norcold will pay for the damage.

That's terrible, Lee. What kind of rig was it? Had she had the recalls done? It will be hard to get much out of Norcold if the recalls have not been done. It took us a long time to settle our fire damage with Norcold (six months), and we were not under the recall at the time we had our fire. They did settle finally though. It's a scary thing, a fire, I'm glad no-one was hurt. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We are in Apache Junction. It's in the 90's - hard to believe it was only 31 this morning when we got up in Flagstaff. Jim's looking forward to doing some fishing next week.

It doesn't look like the heat is going to break anytime soon....it is hitting 100 every day here in Yuma. We leave tomorrow to head east and I am looking forward to a little cooler weather. It was 66 this morning and really nice outside.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

That's terrible, Lee. What kind of rig was it? Had she had the recalls done? It will be hard to get much out of Norcold if the recalls have not been done. It took us a long time to settle our fire damage with Norcold (six months), and we were not under the recall at the time we had our fire. They did settle finally though. It's a scary thing, a fire, I'm glad no-one was hurt. Steve

Steve, It was a 20 year old motor home and I don't know if the frig was on recall or not. I doubt if she'll have any luck with getting Norcold to pay for the damage. We are taking up a collection here for her and a couple of the guys are helping here clean up and repair what they can. Fortunately most of the people for the Rally next week are already here so maybe we can collect enough to make a dent in the cost. I tossed in a hundred. She is an older lady and has a very nice personality. And I know she is not too well healed so every penny will count. We are looking for a household frig that will fit in the space. She don't boondock so that would work and be a lot less expensive. We just hope we can find one that will fit through the door as none of the windows are large enough. My hip is giving me fits tonight so I'll sign this off short.