CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Bobbie & Jim. I wonder if the outfit you were working for had the USFS campgrounds between Leadville and Steamboat? Last July when we went thru there they had no water; hosts said the consessionaires had no intention of doing anything about it. Needless to say, we didn't stay; our tank was empty at the time. Florida is a long move for the winter! We spent a winter in Fort Myers back in 03-04 and loved it, but pretty pricey. Working for the Mouse is something I think I might try one of these days. I'm pming you about a possible job you might be interested in.

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Life on the river with the Pinners is A O K. Their friends Lenard and Carrol took us all out fishing Friday AM,after Bob and Molly signed on the dotted line and became "HOMELESS" like so many of us.

Last night was the fish fry,eating our catch, and then the MARGARATOR went to work double time. All I can say if you wasn't here you missed out.

The class of 07 ROCKS!!!!!!

THANKS Bob and Molly....

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Well, the Margarator bus ran right over Marcia last night....it only hit me upside the head!!!

She looks pretty good this morning, considering I had to hold on to her while she checked the crab pots on the pier in the dark last night....it was an interesting walk!!!

It was a wonderful day celebrating with Marcia and Joe......Yippee....no more grass to mow and house to take care of!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

It's great to see Marcia and Joe here on the East coast....anyone else out this way, come on and visit awhile!!! Pam and Smokey, ya'll need to find your way down to our little neck!

Welcome Susan and Sam, to the forum and to our Class; can't wait to meet you guys!!

Safe travels to everyone, especially you guys up in Alaska!

Hugs!

Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Susan and Sam, welcome to the class.

Finally got the truck back Tuesday and we moved up to the Bryce Canyon Area. We are at 7,300 feet so the temps are nice.

We are staying at the NPS campground at Red Canyon on HWY 12. What a beautiful place. We did one of our afternoon drives on forest service road and Jones had the time of her life barking at rabbits. Did I mention, no biting bugs.

We plan to spend at least the next month traveling on HWY 12. This area has the most interesting rock formations I have ever seen. if anyone is going to be in Southern Utah give us a shout.

Since a few of us have passed the golden age of 62, I want to remind you to get the Senior Pass. The pass works for National Parks and several other government agencies. They cost only $10 and give you free entry in most parks and 50% discounts on camping. Best bargain going.

Bob and Molly congratulations on becoming "Homeless". Watch those crab pots.

Tony and Pamela

Jones the Beagle

2001 Int'l 4700LP

2005 Travel Supreme 40RLTS

2006 Honda CRV

Jim & Bobbie,

Sorry to hear that your job didn't work out.

We have the Verizon USB720 since it has a port for an antenna. We have the Wilson Trucker antenna , got it thru (www.wpsantenna.com. We have found that useful while being in places that may not have a strong signal.

We will be in Georgia in the fall and hope to be at a NWR in Florida after the first of the year so hopefully we will hook up.

We had a very good visit with Carolyn & Keith while here in Wisconsin. It was so good to see them. Carolyn.. we went to Sullivans Saloon in Sullivan for the fish last night YUMMMMMMMY!!!

We are now on pins and needles waiting for the phone call that our new grandson has decided to arrive...Can't wait.

Welcome to a crazy crowd Susan & Sam.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Just a quick check-in since my blog hasn't been updated for a bit. LOL! I am workamping at Conestoga campground in White Sulphur Springs, MT. I'm loving it (four half days a week, all office work) and currently plan to be here through Labor Day.

Did a fair amount of sightseeing before starting work, now have to concentrate on personal stuff (organization & taxes) as well as trying once again to lose some weight in the Lily Pad. Sigh...

Anyway, if anyone is coming through this area, the park is C2C, RPI, AOR, Passport America & CampClub USA.

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

We also have been using a Verizon AirCard since March of 07. We have used it up and down the east coast from Maine to Florida and as far west this year to Wyoming (where we are now). It has worked very well with the addition of an external antenna for those areas that have a weak cell signal. We also purchased ours from EVDO's store at

http://3gstore.com/

The guys at 3G answered all of our questions (in non-tech language). Happy Travels. Deb

Gary and Deb

Our sweet Dobie, Ellie

2008 Carriage Cameo F32SB2 5er towed by 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax Diesel

Class of 2007

http://hawkeyeandcodedebsrvingadventure.blogspot.com/

Howdy and welcome!

Susan & Sam, glade to have you as the newest classmates. I'm guessing by your signature that your located in St Andrews SP now? Let everyone know and keep us posted. As you can see its always nice to visit with classmate.

"Happy Trails"

chiefneon Gary & Karen

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Welcome to the Class of '07, Susan and Sam! This a great group to be part of; hope to see ya down the road one of these days.

Ron & Linda, glad to here you enjoyed a Wisconsin tradition: Friday night fish fry, at one of the best places in this part of the state. We enjoyed your visit very much; you all energized me a lot. I need that now and then, as well as hugs.

I've got the fresh water tank drained; will fill it on Wednesday am (it takes quite a while to fill 75 gallons), leave the bleach sit that afternoon while we are in town for Keith's weekly appointment, and clean out the lines when we get home. That should take care of it until I leave here in the fall. Thanks for the helpful instruction.

Jim & Bobbie, if you go to work for the Mouse, I will be very interested to hear how that goes. Doing that has been on my wish list for some years. Maybe it's just the kid buried not too deep in me.

Fay, what's happenin' with you two?

Carolyn

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!I've been a little busy to write the last few days , but Jay is doing better!YEA!

Our trip to the Dr. Friday was fun. I drove the golf cart up on the porch so Jay could bring his wheelchair out and get in. Then backed off the porch and loaded him and the chair into the car for our appointment. Dropped him off at the door, unloaded, left him, went to park then back to get him and up the elevator we went. Everything you do is an ordeal but we are adjusting. Shower time is still a trick, but getting better. He didn't get his cast on because there was still too much swelling and the incision on his fibula was healing but not just right yet so we will go back in two weeks and try again. The ankle incision looked good, I was surprised how long of a cut they had to make!!!! But all is well, well as well as it can be with me fixing three meals a day. I swear I don't know how some of you guys can actually enjoy this cooking mess. There's not even a dishwasher in this cabin so as an added bonus I get to wash dishes. A friend called me in a pinch yesterday to help her haul hay and that even sounded good, I actualy took a break from my domestic duties for a couple of hours and helped. Tomorrow we're going to try an outing to some friends house for dinner. Paul and Connie, sorry it didn't work out so you could stop by but maybe next time. This place is beautiful!!!! My sisters use the MH for a little get away and help me at times. That's Nice! It sounds like everyone is having a great time and we are sure looking forward to seeing everyone in March. Jay has not seen Elvis and no one has tried to kill themselves in our MH lately so things are looking up.

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Jay & Fay,

So glad you are getting along okay. As for the cooking...practice makes perfect so when we meet up again you will be in charge of dinner icon_biggrin.gif

cause I know it will be wonderful.

Our excursion today included another winery and Ron is now banning my sister and I from any more...we did tastings on an empty stomach and then had a glass with our cheese and snacks..needless to say we were a little giggly icon_rolleyes.gif and had to take naps when we got back to the RV.

Tomorrow we move on headed for the the northeast coast and a little beach time.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Mrs Fay Betty Crocker, that has a nice ring to it.

We are glad Jay is doing OK and we know he won't be down for too long. I think the problem will be him doing what the dr says to do and not trying to do too much too quick. But I think I know Fay well enough to know she won't let that happen.

Things here on the "rivah" as they say it here in eastern VA as awesome, nothing like any river I ever saw. We are on an island pretty much so Bob and I was not too worried when the girls went to check the crab pots last night after being "smashed" by the Margarator.

Today there was another party at one of the houses here on the "rivah" and everyone was invited. Lots of good food, (not as good as Molly and Marcia's cooking or the feasts we had in the desert)a live band and plenty fellowship with great people.

Life on the "rivah" is really good.

Chasing the 70's

Yippeeeee.... it official....We are grandparents again. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Luke Marshall Fleeger arrived about 45 minutes ago. Don't know the vital details yet...our son just wanted us to know he was here.

Now since my forum name of Nana25k meant Nana to 5 grandkids I may have to change it.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Congrats Nana!!!!What wonderful news. Joe, Marcia, Molly and Bob sounds like you guys are having a blast at the "rivah" I can just hear them saying that. We are getting ready for our outing, Jay can't find his one shoe so I'll go help him and catch you guys later.

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Congrats Linda, I hope it has the ten toes and fingers, and all else is A O K .....

Jay, don't be messing with Fay's time on the PC telling us about you, find your own shoes.

Yes Fay things on the rivah are going really well, the girls are about ready to tackle the Margarator again, (I said ABOUT). I saw a mosquito bite Marcia and then flew straight into a wall in a drunken rage. I guess from the tequila still in her blood from the Margarator.

Life is good............

Chasing the 70's

You all would not recognize our "Joey." This is the smaller of the two dogs we had at Q. Without Gracie around anymore (the 80 lb shepherd/rott) he has become a well-behaved, gentle little guy. Many of the men here in this seasonal campground have dog bisquits even if they don't have dogs. He seems to have gotten over his fear of men, and is no longer nipping at anybody's heels; he isn't barking much when people go by either. What a pleasant change!!

So, I've gotten help with purifying my fresh water tank, discovered my chassis battery drain problem. Now, my question is about solar panels. Some of you at Q already had them. So here are my questions: where did you get them? how many do you have? what will they let you do? run more than 12V lights, water pump, 12V tv?

Carolyn

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

I have made some modificiations - the lights I use the most often now have LED bulbs rather than the 12v bayonet bulbs. I added an outlet for a catalytic heater for cold weather (the big furnace fan will eat up your power). I don't leave things on that I'm not using. All pretty simple and all works for me. I can even run my 4 cup coffee maker in the morning and my microwave for 5-10 minutes if needed.

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Congratulations Linda.

Always great to have more grandchildren. Hope everyone are doing well.

We are leaving Niagara Falls today for Cooperstown for a couple of days.

Plans are to be in New Brunswick by the middle of next week.

Travel Safe and may God Bless
BC
======== Fulltiming =============================
Bob & Pat Curry & Trevor
16 F350 CC SRW LB 4WD * 08 Bighorn 3400RE #9948
Mor/Ryde 7k IS, 8k DB * 17.5 Rims w/G114 GY Tires
Bigfoot Auto Leveling * Repainted Ruby Red
Escapee 96030 * Fulltime since 10-08-2007
Enjoying all of the wonders God has provided for us.

Congrats Linda

Keep the faith Fay. All will return to normal soon

Welcome Susan & Sam

Verizon Aircard Ours is USB Makes it more portable. Using it with our old desktop since laptop screen went haywire. I'm very hesitant about being introduced to Vista so I keep putting off getting a new Laptop.

We're heading up to the St Lawrence seaway August 8. Taking our grandson to Pirate Days at Alexandria Bay. We've had the MH parked for 3 months and Boy am I ready to get going.

Anyone visiting or passing thru Pennsylvania our campground in off of I81 Exit 194

Safe Travels Everyone

Archived