Line dance birds of a feather group

Start by signing into the Escapee Members Website and if you put your mouse on the Community tab it will open a long list of subjects and on that list is BOF's and if you click on it you will then get an alphabetical list of the current active groups. The group, "Line Dancers Unite" in about the center of that page and it has an active link for more information. I just looked at it and unfortunately, the link takes you to an RV Village site that no longer exists. My best suggestion would be to contact the business office to see if they will put you in touch with the BOF coordinator or someone from the BOF.

Member Services: 936-327-8873
Email: clubbusiness@escapees.com

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Those BOF listings need to be updated and delete the ones not in service.  I've talked to people who say some of the BOFs aren't active anymore.  BOFs began before the popular cell phones and internet as a way to get together.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

7 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I've talked to people who say some of the BOFs aren't active anymore. 

If you don't mind, would you share the names of BOF's no longer active? If a group falls apart and nobody bothers to let the SKP office know, how are they to know? The SKP's take no roll in any of the groups beyond listing them and responding when asked. Escapees depend on volunteers and members for much of what happens and usually only get directly involved if there is a financial need to do so.

Well I'm looking for a local Chapter to join but not much out here in the Bay area or even the west coast, other than far south California. ;-(  The others appear to have died on the vine.

Kirk I took your advice and emailed the club business address with a few I found that seem dead.

AM

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

13 minutes ago, amarie1 said:

I took your advice and emailed the club business address with a few I found that seem dead.

That is a good thing. I recently checked to see who is staff for the BOF groups and in the future you may want to add, attention:

Wendy Stanwood 
Chapter/BoF Director 

1 hour ago, amarie1 said:

Well I'm looking for a local Chapter to join but not much out here in the Bay area or even the west coast, other than far south California.

Gold Nugget Chapter 24 covers Northern California,  with a primary focus on the Sacramento Valley and the Gold Country north of Sacramento.

GOLD NUGGET CHAPTER 24    Not in the Bay Area, but they are a lot closer than any others.

Edited by Kirk W
add a link

Yes, I joined them, and they are pretty welcoming. 

What really helped is when I tried posting on the Facebook Escapees group asking if any Golden Nugget chapter members were there, as I had a few questions, a couple of them replied right away, and sent me details by email. 

I think that on every chapter pop-up on the Escapees site, there should be a link to a central "anyone can post" place (like the FB group, or maybe here) where chapters and BOFs and their members can exchange information, announce meetings and rallies, etc. I didn't spend all day looking at all the chapters, but I found most just list officer's email addresses, and others might have a web page that hasn't been updated in a long time or is kaput ... even if it's been updated recently, members or prospective members usually can't post to a blog.

AM

PS That Facebook Escapees group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/231687640568632

Edited by amarie1
added link to group

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)