Mobile RV Repairman Scam

BossHog01

I have had an ongoing issue with the battery in my rig not charging while connected to power. I had an RV repairman (with good reviews nonetheless). They came out & supposedly replaced my converter. 

it did not fix the problem and suddenly the repairman won’t answer my calls or texts. Anyone have any ideas or have dealt with a similar issue? I want to take them to small claims court but I would need an address to have them served. 

Any advice is welcome. 

Thanks!

Do you have a volt/ohm meter to take some readings with? That would be the best way to know what is happening. if you do not, then you can tell if the converter is working by lifting the cable from the negative post of the battery and if your lights and appliances work when connected to 120V electricity, that would indicate that you do have a working converter. Have you checked to be sure that you have a good battery? The problem could be the battery. You could take it out and take it to a battery seller and they can do a load test on it for you, free. It would also help if we knew what RV you have? Is it a motorhome, a travel trailer, a fifth wheel?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You could have a bad battery, corroded battery terminals, loose or corroded connections at a 12v bus bar or panel; any of those prevent a battery from charging due to low voltage. Also, if you're referring to a motorhome, often chassis batteries aren't charged by the converter anyway.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

Have you got his business card? If so it should have all the necessary information.  If he belongs to a professional organization, it too should be on the business card, and that is the first place I'd contact.

Then there are other considerations.  Like 3 weeks ago I had to take my wife to hospital with heavy chest pains.  I forgot about everything else but her, anything not living can be dealt with after the crisis is over IMO.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961