COVID Map Shows 9 States Where Positive Tests Are Rising

Lynda got her RSV and Flu shots yesterday and had the same reaction I did. The arm that got the flu shot was the usual slight soreness last night and the arm that got the RSV no soreness except very slight when we raised our arms straight up. YMMV.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

This is from CDC..... looks like the issue is limited data & that's why my doctor said not to combine them at this time.  Glad you had no issues.

"Vaccine Administration, Including Coadministration with Other Vaccines

Coadministration of RSV vaccines with other adult vaccines during the same visit is acceptable.***** Available data on immunogenicity of coadministration of RSV vaccines and other vaccines are currently limited. Coadministration of RSV and seasonal influenza vaccines met noninferiority criteria for immunogenicity with the exception of the FluA/Darwin H3N2 strain when the GSK RSV vaccine was coadministered with adjuvanted quadrivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (28,29). RSV and influenza antibody titers were somewhat lower with coadministration; however, the clinical significance of this is unknown.

Administering RSV vaccine with one or more other vaccines at the same visit might increase local or systemic reactogenicity. Data are only available for coadministration of RSV and influenza vaccines, and evidence is mixed regarding increased reactogenicity. Data are lacking on the safety of coadministration with other vaccines that might be recommended for persons in this age group, such as COVID-19 vaccines; pneumococcal vaccines; adult tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccines; and the recombinant zoster vaccine (the recombinant zoster vaccine and GSK’s RSV vaccine contains the same adjuvant). When deciding whether to coadminister other vaccines with an RSV vaccine, providers should consider whether the patient is up to date with currently recommended vaccines, the feasibility of the patient returning for additional vaccine doses, risk for acquiring vaccine-preventable disease, vaccine reactogenicity profiles, and patient preferences. Postlicensure efficacy and safety monitoring of coadministered RSV vaccines with other vaccines will further direct guidance."

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Check with your docs folks. We are lifetime recipients of vaccines. Like these but they are not all of the vaccines we took:

• VA continues to evaluate the health effects of Gulf War vaccinations, including anthrax and botulinum toxoid.
  • Pyridostigmine bromide (PB) is a pre-treatment drug taken by service members during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm to protect against nerve agent attacks.
  • Mefloquine (Lariam®) is a drug given to service members to protect against malaria, an infectious disease transmitted by mosquitoes. It is used less than it has been in the past.
  • Anthrax vaccine is a series of six shots to protect against the infectious, bacterial disease anthrax, which has been used in biological warfare. Learn more from the Military Health System.
  • Smallpox vaccine prevents smallpox, a deadly, viral disease. Because there is concern that smallpox could be used as a biological weapon, service members are vaccinated against it. Learn more from Medline Plus.

Regardless of your status if one wants to take the vaccines one at a time that is a personal decision and your doc's. I am not recommending anyone do as we do. I am just giving feedback from only two data points. Take what you can use and leave the rest. Our local Walgreen's pharmacy said there was no issue for them to administer all three at once as of last week.

The biggest takeaway from your list is in bold:

"When deciding whether to coadminister other vaccines with an RSV vaccine, providers should consider whether the patient is up to date with currently recommended vaccines, the feasibility of the patient returning for additional vaccine doses, risk for acquiring vaccine-preventable disease, vaccine reactogenicity profiles, and patient preferences. Postlicensure efficacy and safety monitoring of coadministered RSV vaccines with other vaccines will further direct guidance."

If the PT is up to date they have likely suffered no ill effects, then if they can return later or not without undue hardship, Is the disease causing infections now as far as the risk of not getting it, the patient reaction to vaccine profile or history, and the last was well we'll see.

I remember seeing the many anti-vaxxers gobbledygook from 2020 and 2021. About the COVID Vaccine alone.

It is not my place to recommend your actions folks. But I can tell you ours and the results.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

This is a very informative thread, thanks Derek for starting it, and thanks to others for providing more information.

This kick-started me to thinking about protecting my URI and lungs from airborne virus's again.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

YW Ray,

We have not had it and don't want even a mild case of COVID after taking all the vaccines available. No one knows yet if long COVID or organ/systemic damage occurs with a mild case or not.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998