Volvo Engine ecm

bigredhdt

The used one I bought got me going again.  It had a different engine fan set up then my truck, so I had to add a thermostat control to cycle the fan off and on appropriately.

I also had to have the fleet limits turned off so as to get the full range of speed out of the truck.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

What were the terms when you bought the ecm?  Did they let you hook up and make sure it was actually a good ecm?

Dealer is open to a used on since they can't source a new one.  They gave me the part number so they just need to load the correct parameters for the truck.

I purchased the ECM, shipped it to the house. No core, so I still have the original to send for a rebuild if it can be.

I installed it, then dealt with the two separate parameters that were different from my trucks build.

I do not recall anything other then it came from a running truck.

likely sourced from a wrecked truck.

I think I paid $800ish

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Try sending for repair to circuitboardmedics.com.  $1500 + $50 return shipping up front.  They will open it up and repair if possible.  If not will refund everything except the $50 shipping and return to you.  Mine was not repairable and they contacted me and did exactly as promised, refunded and shipped back.  There are a couple of other places that do the same and even have repaired for sale but their reviews were mixed.  Also if all else fails call Nacarato Trucks Parts in Franklin KY or World Wide Equipment in Knoxville, TN.  Ask for Ryan in the service department and tell him I referred you (Carl).  World Wide had me one in less than a week.  Cost was around $2500 programmed with core.  BTW yours probably suffered same fate as mine.  Seal on back of ECM failed and water and oil got inside.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"