Screws coming out from base of front bedroom (outside) that goes into the side (entrance panel) of 5th wheel.

marentette2525

I purchased a brand new 2021 Jayco Eagle HT 27RS last year.  Noticed yesterday when opening it up that under the "beauty cover" of the head of the trailer (where the corner edge screws up into the side panel) the trim has dropped a little (you can tell where the silicone seal was) and the screws are not screwed up into the bottom of the head of the trailer.  I am calling the place where I purchased as it is under warranty but what is causing this problem?  I'm worried about even pulling it down to the dealership for repair and having more screws work their lose/out.  

I would think that it will harm nothing to tow it to the dealer but you may want to avoid any rough roads, just to be on the safe side. Are you certain that it was not always that way? I'm not certain exactly what you have so you might want to post a picture if you are able. 

Welcome to the forums!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Is that the bottom of the RV? I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm looking at but both edges, black and the white still seem to be parallel and level. Is that caulking that is sagged away from the black part? I'm not sure that you have a serious problem. It may help if you post a second picture that will show where this one is located on the RV. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, marentette2525 said:

I purchased a brand new 2021 Jayco Eagle HT 27RS last year.  Noticed yesterday when opening it up that under the "beauty cover" of the head of the trailer (where the corner edge screws up into the side panel) the trim has dropped a little (you can tell where the silicone seal was) and the screws are not screwed up into the bottom of the head of the trailer.  I am calling the place where I purchased as it is under warranty but what is causing this problem?  I'm worried about even pulling it down to the dealership for repair and having more screws work their lose/out.  

This happened to our rig. At first we thought the frame had broke or cracked. It turned out the body was separating from the frame. The repair place told me that this happens sometimes. It was covered under our progressive insurance. The repair place did some extra work to ensure it doesn't happen again.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

3 hours ago, jamtracy said:

This happened to our rig. At first we thought the frame had broke or cracked. It turned out the body was separating from the frame. The repair place told me that this happens sometimes. It was covered under our progressive insurance. The repair place did some extra work to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So did they make you file an insurance claim instead of being covered under warranty?  Did that allow a repair unit to come to your residence to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 10:44 PM, marentette2525 said:

So did they make you file an insurance claim instead of being covered under warranty?  Did that allow a repair unit to come to your residence to fix it?

We have a 2019 5th wheel that was out of warranty.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired