Sonoran Desert RV Park, Gila Bend

I've tried to find a forum that has questions specifically about RV parks with no luck.  I apologize if I missed it.

Anyone stay at Sonoran Desert for an extended visit? They have monthly rates, and they have sent me several forms that explain the rules, etc., but I would like to know if: #1- It is a decent place to stay. We're not looking for many amenities other than a laundry room - and preferably not shoulder-to-shoulder neighbors; and, #2- Can you pay for multiple months at a time - like 6 or 7 months at a time? I've emailed them, but it takes days for them to respond so I figured I would ask here, too.
Thanks...

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

Here's their web site with photos.  Looks like well-spaced, well-kept sites.  Have you ever been to Gila Bend?  Not much there.... would be quiet but it's close to I-8 interstate so perhaps some noise from it.

https://www.sonorandesertrvpark.com/

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We have stayed there twice and really like that park. Wide roads, large sites in width and length (handles our 70 ft with ease) and several options for different sites. They have a dog wash station and nice laundry facilities.

About the only drawback would be some noise from the interstate. Not much in Gila Bend but they do have the basics (grocery stores, auto parts, hardware)

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

22 hours ago, Kirk W said:

While I have never been to that park, you can find reviews on it and also some pictures by visiting RV Life Campground Reviews so I'd give that a look.

Thanks a bunch!

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

14 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

We have stayed there twice and really like that park. Wide roads, large sites in width and length (handles our 70 ft with ease) and several options for different sites. They have a dog wash station and nice laundry facilities.

About the only drawback would be some noise from the interstate. Not much in Gila Bend but they do have the basics (grocery stores, auto parts, hardware)

Thank you.  When I look them up on Google Maps, among all the pictures that have been posted there are several with KOA signs.  Is this a KOA affiliated park?

US Navy (Ret)

6 hours ago, Tulecreeper said:

Thank you.  When I look them up on Google Maps, among all the pictures that have been posted there are several with KOA signs.  Is this a KOA affiliated park?

Perhaps in the past. Those might be old pictures.  It's not now.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel