Replacing rv awning

Ive been wanting to replace my awning for some time now. After watching a bunch of youtube videos, i couldnt believe what all was involved. I thought i would try to take a shortcut which would make it even easier if i have to replace it again. I made a video of it. Please let me know if you have any ideas to make it even easier.  Thanks 

2 hours ago, slockfox said:

Ive been wanting to replace my awning for some time now. After watching a bunch of youtube videos, i couldnt believe what all was involved. I thought i would try to take a shortcut which would make it even easier if i have to replace it again. I made a video of it. Please let me know if you have any ideas to make it even easier.  Thanks 

First thing to do different is buy replacement material that has all the ribs already installed. Second just take a utility knife and cut the old material in half length way so it comes off easier. Clean the grove's and spray dry silicone in the channels. I take the right arm off and unwind the spring, it only takes 3 3/16 short rivets. With one other helping I can do it in about a hour start to finish. I like the Shade Pro material, I ordered it online.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

I can provide some general tips for replacing an awning.

1. Measure the size of your current awning before purchasing a new one to ensure a proper fit.

2. Remove the old awning carefully, taking note of how it was attached to your house or RV.

3. Clean the area where the old awning was attached to remove any dirt or debris.

4. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching the new awning to your house or RV.

5. If you're unsure about any part of the process, it's always a good idea to consult a professional.

Thank you. I did do the measurements. The old fabric was 14 wide but i had to order a 15 because they measure from rail to rail for some reason. The new fabric was 14'2" I did not clean the grooves and spray lubricant but i should have. I definitely didnt follow manufacturers instructions.  Lol Thanks for the tips.

Edited by slockfox

59 minutes ago, slockfox said:

The old fabric was 14 wide but i had to order a 15 because they measure from rail to rail for some reason.

I had a similar experience (sort of the opposite, had to order a SO CALLED 14 foot instead of a 15) when I ordered a replacement A&E fabric from an RV dealer. I gave them the Model Number,,,,,,,The Serial Number,,,,,,,,,Measured the actual width gave them that.................

Fabric arrived DIDNT FIT it was too wide they had to reorder one a foot narrower HOWEVER they tried to blame ME who gave them Model Number, Serial Number, Actual width grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Once I locate the fabric correctly so when rolled up the arms they fit exactly, I lock the fabric in place so it cant slide top or bottom........... 

John T Currently near Apopka Florida