Escapees Email Hacked

Lou Schneider

This was posted in all of the Escapees Facebook groups this morning.  I'm re-posting it here as sometimes the powers that be forget about this Forum in the heat of an emergency.

May be an image of text that says '0 EMAIL SCAM WARNING ESCAPEES RvClub A TOTAL SUPPORT NETWORK FOR ALL RVERS'

Please do not open any attachments from skpclubnews@escapees.com

We learned this morning that the email address skpclubnews@escapees.com has been compromised. Thank you to the members who helped us catch this early. It appears this may be related to a ransomware attack that recently happened to our email provider, Rackspace.

The attachments often ask for you to submit payment for a variety of reasons. If you mistakenly entered any payment information, please contact your bank immediately.

Thank you,
Escapees RV Club

Edited by Lou Schneider

Hacking has became so commonplace, more and more websites every day are switching to 2-step verification methods that require your password AND a one-time security code you receive via a different method of communication.

I"ve been receiving emails pretending to be Microsoft Outlook, saying someone signed into my account from Russia, then asking me to click a link and verify my information. So Escapees email isn't being singled out apparently.

My bank now has a 3-step verification process, it's burdensome but I thank them for protecting my account.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Does anyone know if any personal information was compromised as well, or do they just have our email addresses?  Login passwords??  I'll change mine as a precaution.

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

3 hours ago, franco-bolli said:

Does anyone know if any personal information was compromised as well, or do they just have our email addresses?

The warning says nothing of anyone getting your email address or ours. As to personal information, I suspect that it wasn't but you would need to ask someone in the office to find that out. 

We learned this morning that the email address skpclubnews@escapees.com has been compromised.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI