Artemis I has (finally) launched!

Kirk W

• 4 weeks later...

Loved it! It was about time. Re-using old tech Space Shuttle engines was a large part of the problem. I am not a fan of the ULA who are still using RD-180 engines in their Atlas ISS launch vehicles until they run out. The ULA (United Launch Alliance) is Boeing and Lockheed and despite NASA contracting with them, is is essentially a ULA project. Space X was brought in for the Artemis 3 lunar lander and more last month. More in another post about the costs and companies involved rather than go off topic in this thread.

I am all for the space program as long as there is a level playing field and actual competition gets the taxpayers the best prices for our tax dollars.

So glad it made it! It was great!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 11/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, sheldons65 said:

That was really cool to see it launch.

Have you followed any of the Spacex launches?

Yes on both. Exciting times to be alive.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire