Sometimes it's the Little Things....

rickeieio

Hauled a pickup load of clothes, food, tools, etc. to the camper this morning in preparation for tomorrow's departure to meet up with friends in Mississississippeeeeee.  When we were almost finished, I sat down to say good morning to the shop cat, and noticed a damp spot under the camper.  Hmmmmm, the only thing to leak in that area is brake fluid. (insert big frown). 

Sure enough, the rubber line was damp and had a walnut size bubble in it.  I removed it and headed to NAPA, where I was greeted by Dumb and Dumber.  But at least they tried.....  All the local NAPA's are owned by the same folks, and they're all closed this Sunday.  (Bigger frown.)

For icing on the cake, while I was under the camper, I saw a shiny area on the Mor-Ryde spring hanger/block.  Great, worn shackle and bolt/bushing. (Frown has turned to a scowl)  Quick search found none of my favorite spring repair houses open Saturday afternoon.  Grrr.

So, I found a female/female brake line coupling, welded the end of a male fitting closed, and capped off the line to the offending caliper.  Popped a male fitting in the caliper itself and wah-lah, I now have a trailer with 5 operating brakes.  The K-Whopper won't mind.  And there's a trailer repair place a few miles up the road, so come Monday morn at 8:00a, I'll be sitting at the gate, hoping they have shackles, bolts and a bushing.  We might be on the road by 10ish.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Tom,  Me, a retired farmer, watch the weather?  Not a chance.

Rocky,  Where ya been hiding?  We missed you and your darling bride at the National.  Heck, we've missed you here on the forum.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

My oh my.  We got lucky.  I arrived at my local (40 minute drive) friendly trailer repair shop just after they opened this morning, and struck gold.  They had shackles, bolts and bushings in stock.  I bought an extra set and the total bill was just $20.  Plus, they're getting me a new set of brake hoses for less than half what the NAPA price.

So, 40 minute drive to the shop, install parts, replace wheel, and finish loading and we hit the road at 10:04.  All is well. 😁

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN