Bad shocks?

Will bad shocks on one side of my rig cause it to lean? Or do shocks only play a roll in bouncing down the road?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

12 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

Will bad shocks on one side of my rig cause it to lean?

That would only happen if you had air shocks which I have never seen standard on any motorhome and never on a Winnebago class A. Have had it weighed where you can get individual wheel weights or where you can weigh once will all wheels on the scale and again with only one side on the scale?(doing that you should center the wheels on the pads for the second weighing) It isn't uncommon for a class A to be heavier on one side than the other and the distribution of the weight we add also plays into it. With your Winnebago now 22 years old it is quite likely that you have weakened springs and they may not sag the same on each side. I strongly recommend that you visit Escapees Smart Weigh or a similar program to it.

I was fulltime in a coach that was riding on the same generation of F53 chassis that you have under your 2000 Winnebago Suncruser. Ours was a 36' coach with no slides and by year 10 it was starting to droop to the rear and it was always about 5% heavier on the driver side, which Ford said was acceptable but it also meant that I had to be very careful of where the heavier items we carried were located. I always kept things like my tool box in the very front bay on the passenger side. When the tail droop became noticable I had airbags installed and new shocks with resolved the leveling and improved ride and handling from the original when it was new. 

Edited by Kirk W
correct typo

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If it's 22 years old, it's due for a new set of springs.  DON"T go to a dealer.  Find a spring shop to do the job.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

If it's 22 years old, it's due for a new set of springs.  DON"T go to a dealer.  Find a spring shop to do the job.

I'll second that!

Homelesssharthorns, A shocks only function is to keep the wheel in contact with the road surface.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961