windows 10 to 11

trostberg

I have one computer that I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11.  I did not run into any snags and it seems that everything is working correctly.  There are a few features that I prefer in 11, but most of the changes to the user interface rub me the wrong way.  What really upset me was when it updated to 22H2, it deleted several of my programs and reset the desktop settings.

Consumer versions of Windows 10 will be supported until 2025 so there is no real rush.  My advice is to do a full backup before upgrading to 11.  If you find you like it, great.  If not, you can restore the backup.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

I'm with Roger in that if you like 10 hang in there as you have three years to watch 11 improve.

My Lenovo gave me fits a month after I upgraded to 11 from 10 and although I finally figured it all out it was a PITA, and I'm no beginner.

Having said that I am upgrading again, likely Black Friday, to a newer Lenovo with a 4k 27" touchscreen that looks fantastic. First time I have upgraded two top shelf main systems in one year! It's the screen resolution. Amazing.

And this one is native Windows 11 so should not yield any surprises like this one did. I blame Lenovo for not coming out with new updates to their drivers and system software as this one was less than six months old when I bought it advertised as Windows 11 ready. If I have issues with this one I go back to 100% Dell again.

I am about to do another thread here about a new Linux Windows 11 specific replacement and it is getting rave reviews from some old time penguin-heads and Windows users alike. It has a free version and a full version with a one time license fee that is permanent for $35. IT may be the solution for the Folks stuck having to buy new hardware. I have not yet tried it but will buy at least one lifetime license. It is like Malwarebyted when tehy offered $15 one computer lifetime licenses and I bought 5 of them waaaay back a decade or two ago. I have removed the activation and moved the licenses to new computers dozens of times without issue. It has been $30 bucks a year or so for a long time. And my premium licenses get updated with each new version and I have premium support. I was sold on Malwarebytes and I'll see about this version of Linux too.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire