Firefox problem

bigjim

Is anyone having a problem connecting through firefox? I am. It started 1st thing this morning.

Still having a problem this morning.  I forget what it was called but I went to some recommended step and was supposed to run  a test but the test would not run. Is there a chance if I uninstall firefox and reinstall that could resolve it if I can figure out how to do that.  Side note my laptop is an old one that started  as windows 7 but was updated to windows 10

I just woke enough to realize I should have posted this under computers but don't know how to move it so if any moderators can please do.

Edited by bigjim

You appear to be connected to the internet as you are able to post here - and you must have access to another web browser - eg EDGE for same reason.

I suggest that you uninstall firefox, and then use EDGE to download and reinstall Firefox.

To uninstall, go to Control Panel and select  Programs and uninstall Mozilla Firefox.

If you have a choice, select to keep your data (favourites etc) and they should be reconnected when you reinstall the software.

John

John
Titanium 29EX 29/34 Fifthwheel

Jim I had some of those issues but only with FaceBook and maybe another website yesterday too. I did not need to uninstall it at all.However if it persists yes it is easy to uninstall an App in 10.

John's way is correct too but you can also do it by clicking on start, then settings (the gear icon) from settings, then click on Apps and a list of all your apps will appear. Just scroll down to and click on Firefox and a menu with two choices will drop down one says Move and the other says Uninstall. Click on uninstall and follow the prompts. 

Download a fresh copy directly from Mozilla her to be safe not from a third party download center: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browsers/windows-64-bit/

Then I would do as John suggests to keep your stuff. I log into Firefox on every computer as I have a few and it beings all my favorites etc to each one. I also use Pocket in Firefox to save links I may need later. If you register your FF installation your favorites will appear on any new computer you get using the same FF/Mail/Windows account.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire