Lazy Daze RV is now history!

Kirk W

End of the line for Lazy Daze, a one-of-a-kind RV builder

Looking for real answers

With phone lines down, we kept looking. We finally tracked down Lazy Daze’s service manager, Todd Miller, by email. Todd was friendly and courteous, and promised that he would touch base with the company ownership to see if we might get some official comment. Sadly, when Todd got back to us, the response was this: “Sorry, but the owners’ situation is not conducive to giving any interviews or information on the closing.”

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

And another good one bites the dust to join a host of other quality RVs.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

When I first saw the title of this thread I was thinking Lazydays RV dealership.  I didn't notice the slight difference in the name.  I am sorry to hear it was one of the better manufacturers going out of business.   After my less than stellar experience with the RV dealership I would not be saddened to hear they were closing their doors.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

4 hours ago, k4rs said:

I was thinking Lazydays RV dealership. 

I would not be surprised if the dealership was trying to sound like the RV company's name since the Lazy Daze RV company has been in existance since 1958 and had a stellar record. They only built what they could with the family and hand picked crew. Most of the time they had a waiting list of more than a year to get one and in recent years that list extended out to 2 years. Knowing that, I have wondered where those who were on that list are and why we have not hear anything from any of them. One of the founders is still living and part of the company with his son listed as the CEO and a BBB A rating. I have never met an unhappy owner of a Lazy Days RV. The only made 3 models that buyers would choose one and then put down a deposit and be notified when it was ready. My best guess would be that the closure was at least partly the lack of ability to get cutaway chassis to build them on and that they just choose to retire and close the business, but that is only a guess.

• 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, Dianne said:

Is there any reason to avoid buying a USED Lazy Daze because of that?

The only possible reason would be the lack of any factory support but if I were to buy a used class C the Lazy Daze would be my first choice because there are none better and very few, if any as good. 

12 hours ago, Dianne said:

I know Lazy Daze has closed down but Is there any reason to avoid buying a USED Lazy Daze because of that?

If you are interested in buying a Lazy Daze, I highly recommend joining the Lazy Daze Owners' Group.  There is much information on the site about these RVs and very knowledgeable people who can answer questions you may have.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul