Solar Project - 2/3 Done

Zulu

Months in the making . . .

This is my 4th solar install since 2006:

2006 - 240W solar (series), Solar Boost 2000E charge controller, Xantrex RS2000 inverter/charger
2009 - 760W solar (series-parallel), Xantrex XW-MPPT60-150 charge controller, Xantrex RS2000 inverter/charger
2012 - 735W solar (parallel), MidNite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS2000 inverter charger
2022 (last year for 26% tax credit) - 1110W solar (series), Victron SmartSolar 150/70 charge controller, Victron MultiPlus II inverter/charger

Can't say enough about Victron equipment, especially the network monitoring capability, but the animated Touch 50 display takes the cake . . .

touch50-2.jpg

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Congratulations.  The Victron equipment really does offer features that no one else in the market does.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Nice technology progression Zulu, the freedom afforded by Solar keeps getting better all the time, even if sure expensive on the front end. Like you, I've installed several systems all on my own and for example I started yearssssssssssssss ago (50 year RV owner) with an automotive battery, RV Marine battery, Two 6 volt deep cycle golf cart batteries, added solar (years ago my first panel was 50 watts wooooooo hooooooo lol) Four deep cycle 6 volt batteries and more solar,,,,,AGM batteries and more solar,,,,,,,,,NOW LITHIUM BATTERIES AND YET MORE SOLAR............... And NEVER going back 

Its my opinion Victron makes quality equipment

CONGRATULATIONS, 

John T  NOT any solar expert but know what I like and what works for me...