Taking Delivery of Your Tesla — What You Need to Know

RV_

Some things have changed since i got my Tesla Y in 2020. For any of my friends here getting one here's some good info:

Excerpt:

"What Do I Need To Do Before Delivery?

Tesla no longer supplies an EVSE (Electric Vehicle Service Equipment) cable with each car. Be sure to order an EVSE cable from Tesla (or someone else) before you get your car. On one end of the cable is the plug that goes into your car, and on the other end is an interchangeable plug. In many cases, you should buy both the 110V adapter and the 220V NEMA 14-50 adapter. Almost all RV parks have NEMA 14-50 outlets. If you have 220V service in your garage, you can have a L2 NEMA 14-50 outlet installed for about $200. Northern Lights Electric installed one in my garage (where I already had 220V service) in Three Lakes, Wisconsin, for only $130. An electrician in Saint George, Utah,

installed one in our garage there for $250. Again, we already had 220V service in the garage. It cost about $500 to have 220V service run to my garage in Lindon, Utah. I had a L2 charger installed there for another $700, which I needed for my first Nissan LEAF. The L2 charger is not necessary if you have an EVSE — you only need a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

L2 charging gives you about 28 miles of range in one hour. My Tesla has 310 miles of range — so, in principle, it would charge from dead empty to full in ~11 hours. However, I am rarely at dead empty and I normally only charge to 80%, so usually I am only charging from one to five hours. Note: If you want your battery to last as long as possible, don’t charge over 80% or let the charge go below 20%. This is easier to do if you have a bigger battery."

Much more tips in the article:

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/06/24/finally-taking-delivery-on-your-1st-tesla-model-3-or-y-what-millions-of-you-will-need-to-know-about-your-car-soon/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire