Is Microsoft really going to cut off security updates for my "unsupported" Windows 11 PC?

RV_

For comparison for the non- builders here is a pic with a 3TB 3.5" SATA HDD oldest form factor internal drive I use in an external drive dock on the bottom, and a 2TB WD Blue SATA 2.5" SSD most call a notebook drive on top of the 3.5" HDD, and on top of it a WD Black 1TB M.2 NVMe Gen 4 SSD newest SSD internal drive form factor I also have an external dock for, and in front my newest Crucial X6 1TB external SSD.   

HDDs get about 115MB/s, SATA SSDs get ~ 500MB/s speeds, and the new M.2 NVMe Gen 4 SSDs get up to ~7500MB/s. My Gen 4 WD Black SN 770s (I have two, one for my next main system, my Backup already has one installed) is very good at heat regulating and gets ~5150 MB/s speeds. Things are getting faster fast.

n0J192il.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Oh feedback backatcha Roger. That Acasis M.2 external SSD drive dock I said I was ordering I did order and have cloned three NVMe drives with it and initialized/formatted two of them. It works great. I also still have my two USB 3.0/1 3.5" and 2.5" docks that do fine with SATA HDDS and SSDs.

But I won't be getting any SATA SSD drives except if I run into a used one I need for a project in the future. That 2TB WD Blue SATA SSD was perfect but a gamer did not understand that they do not read 2000GBs but less because of actual GB counts. I run into a lot of deals like that on Marketplace.

Here's pics of the dock  and the PNY Elite 960GB (1TB):

gp7djtZl.jpg

IT uses the USB 3.1 Micro connector where the Crucial X6 uses USB C. These things scream compared to 2.5" SSDs in a case.

9luTXc7l.jpg

Here's that dock with the 256GB NVMe drive I am going to load 10 pro on.

9JNJc1Tl.jpg

The drive and dock feel very hot to the touch as NVMe drives all do. However They stay within safe limits and I use a cooling USB fan whenever I use any dock. That's why I like the WD SN 770 NVMe drives, they throttle down just enough to keep from over heating like some of the Samsung drives do as well as others.

Once the Lenovo AIO sold and my new to me project the 2018 Dell 24" i7 8700T 8 core AIO becomes my backup computer it will have the 256GB NVMe and a 1TB External drive for storage and 16GB of RAM.

The previous owner of the 24" Inspiron 54-77 AIO left it with a 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD and 8GB of RAM and the NVMe drive slot internally was empty. I tested it and it screams with an NVMe and the 16GB of RAM I put in to test if I build it or not. My DDR4 32GB RAM won't work in it as it uses DDR3.

It is like new, no scratches or flaws save bad hardware stock now fixed:

kLqSs1sl.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire