Michigan title change to motorhome

guytim

Will a port-a-pot qualify as a permanent installed toilet? I am adding a generator to the semi to power the microwave,small space heater... a small fridge wired to the trucks batteries and inverter. I have a pedestal foot pump sink with a fresh & grey water containers. Will the small heater & a fan ran off the generator qualify as a hvac not powered by the semi engine? Commercial hitch removed. Jackolope wiring converter & brake controller installed. 

Michigan 

You can always try it. They probably want a regular RV toilet with a black water tank installed. You could always try to fasten a strap or chain to it and to the truck so show that it is permanently installed.

Do you have to go thru an inspection or just take pictures?

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• 3 months later...

Do they inspect it? I'm in Nebraska. They just asked me if I had this and that etc. and I said yes to enough things they gave me a mobile home plate. Then I had to go do all the stuff I said I did. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Got it titled as a motorhome in Michigan. I just made a list of all things done to comply with the Michigan definition, signed & dated, included the few receipts I had. I didn't have the original purchase price so they took a blue book value. 

35 minutes ago, guytim said:

Got it titled as a motorhome in Michigan. I just made a list of all things done to comply with the Michigan definition, signed & dated, included the few receipts I had. I didn't have the original purchase price so they took a blue book value. 

See if the DMV will make you a copy of what is needed to comply. Keep that in a binder with your registration and insurance card. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

4 hours ago, jenandjon said:

See if the DMV will make you a copy of what is needed to comply. Keep that in a binder with your registration and insurance card. 

In Minnesota, what is needed to qualify as a motorhome is available on line. But, you only need a certain number of the items listed. So having the receipts for what you did could still be helpful. I would put both the list and copies of the receipts in the binder.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van