Before you sign up for the fuel discount program find out if you can actually use it.

Texastom

Fuel discount programs make sense.     So I signed up for the Escapees new program, especially hopeful to use the gasoline benefit for my cars.   

But before you sign up,  consider downloading the app and checking out what is available in both diesel and gasoline in your area or the areas in which you intend to travel.    (I have found no way to uncover this information other than the app and the support people do not respond to information requests or email)

In my particular case I discovered there are zero gas stations within 200 miles from where I live, and only a few places with diesel, and none of them are big enough to accommodate a motorhome.   

So for me, the fuel  membership card was a total waste of money.

At least they are trying.... It doesn't cost you anything if you choose not to participate. I believe that service is a new one and most likely will have wider coverage in time, but only time will tell. I do know that Escapees have been looking for some type of fuel discount for some time now and that they have approached several truck stop groups in the past. I had a conversation with Shaw Loring about that at Escapade back in 2019. As I read it, they are very upfront about what it is and isn't so if you don't like it, don't participate. Pretty simple really. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'll be keeping an eye on the SKP's plan in hopes that the gas coverage will eventually expand, but in the meantime the credit card "plan" we have that pays us a 5% cash rebate on all pay at the pump fuel purchases with no limit regardless of the brand works well for us. At $3/gallon, that's a 15 cents per gallon rebate without any fees or hoops to jump through. It really adds up...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...