Why Tesla Stock Got Dinged Thursday 9 December

RV_

THIS IS REALLY STUPID TESLA!

Tesla shares already recovered from this little bit of idiocy by Tesla. I don't play online games anywhere, not at home on my computers, not on my tablets or phones, and certainly not in my car. My car is fully connected and if I am parked for some time I can turn on my streaming services and watch Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. or cable news channels on Sling TV Blue. But none of those work while I am in motion, just parked with the car transmission in "Park."

Tesla stupidly did an update recently that allows some online games to be played while in motion????

So the NHTSA warned and I would imagine it is already or soon to be fixed so after a dip yesterday because of that the stock is already climbing back.

Excerpt from the "Motley Fool" article "Why Tesla Stock Got Dinged Today:"

"The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration would really prefer it if you didn't play video games while driving your Tesla.

What happened

Shares of Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) got hit Thursday morning -- but don't freak out, it was only a fender bender. Still, the electric car stock was down 3.3% as of 11:07 a.m. ET on news that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is investigating the company.

Now what

There's an implied threat in that bald statement of black-letter law, of course: If the NHTSA deems the ability to play video games while driving a "design defect," the agency might order Tesla to stop selling vehicles.

But if the inherent risk to the business here is obvious, the solution is just as obvious: Tesla needs to issue a new software update that turns off people's ability to play those games in transit. Problem solved, and Tesla's stock should get its 3.3% right back."

As the article predicted it was already on the way back up that evening, the article is here:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/12/09/why-tesla-stock-got-dinged-today/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

Safe Travels!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Duplicate

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

7 hours ago, travelinbob said:

RV, by now, we all know how well you're doing on your investments but we really don't care.  Instead why not post about the RV life ?

If you really don't care, why be rude, why are you reading them? You can block me or anyone you do not want to read.

Who is "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

This is the finances and Investing forum. RV life posts in this forum would be off topic.

I do post about RV life in the RV forums when I think I can help, as I have been doing since the year 2000 here on the SKP forums since they started. That is why this section is called other subjects.  😱🤣

I am sorry if I have done anything to offend you. I won't apologize for any success I have had. that would be silly. I wish you better weekend than it seems you are having today.

Safe travels!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998