RAM 2019-2020 CP 4 recall

markandkim

In spite of all the hand-wringing over the CP4 pumps, millions of them are in use with quite a solid service record. I make sure that I buy fuel from high-turnover stations, check my water-separator regularly, and add a lubricity additive to each tank of fuel. Most folks do less than this, and very few ever have an issue. 

And some percentage of those unexpected "failures" are due to gasoline, DEF, water or other contaminant in the fuel. 

The fact that class action lawsuits are underway will put a lot of money in the lawyers pockets, and make trucks even more expensive than they already are.  

Edited by mptjelgin

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Mark,

You are probably right.  I have only had this LML for 12K+ miles and when I learned about the CP4 issues, Howes has gone into any pumped fuel that the truck gets.  It is my service truck and runs 13K#+ so it works.  Right now its getting a turbo and actuator.  Seems also to be a common problem for those variable vane turbos.  They work hard and perform pretty well.  Hoping to sell it off early part of next year as my plan to semi retire continues.  

I figure once I get the Volvo the way I want it and the maintenance/repair things completed, I wont be needing my service truck.  I still will have a personal CC DRW Duramax LBZ that will be my everything else truck.

I am enjoying the journey.

Marcel