Nuwa/ Kansas RV Center

Consolenut

I suspect that this is an old site that hasn't been updated. For about a year after closing Hitchhiker down, they had Excel (I think) building for them. Then Excel went out of business and that was the end of that. 

I haven't heard of anything since. Kansas RV Center isn't even stocking RVs any more. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

14 minutes ago, Consolenut said:

Darn I had hopes of a new Hitchhiker in the making.  They had a good idea blue down foam insulation etc.  Not that i would replace my Teton. But the hitchhiker jumped out at me in reading.

I don't disagree. We custom-ordered a Hitchhiker in 2011 and full-timed in it for 9 years. It was solid as a rock, and still in fantastic shape when we sold it earlier this year. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Yes, Nuwa partnered with Excel/Petersen to build HH named trailers until Excel went under.  We saw a few and while nice, they were not true HitchHIkers.  We were lucky enough to fine a new 2013 (11/12 build date and one of the last true HitchHikers) Champagne at the plant and bought it in June 2014.  We have been full time in it since purchase and had very few problems.  It is a very solid trailer and good for a few more years.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot