Renogy self heating lithium battery

noteven

2 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

4GdAwuxl.jpgLast week I was on a service call to a island on Flathead lake in Montana. I did a filter change, spark plugs and oil on a Onan generator.

The generator is not on auto start for the system. And no power lines to the island.

Now I am wondering if there is snow cover on the solar. Home will be shut up at the end of October till April. With cold temperatures possible could these batteries have a problem.

Trying to learn about such subject as some people store there rv’s over winter in really cold weather. So could this be a concern.

Trying to learn,    Vern 

Me learning too Vern.

As JohnT mentioned the BMS in that cottage system should not allow charge through to the battery cells if they are below a safe temperature. 

LowOnCash ^ explains why Li batts can store without top ups

Edited by noteven

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

The original battery compartment on our 5er was small so I moved it to a larger compartment.   I insulated it and drilled some holes to allow heated and cooled air to circulate.  To make sure the batteries can charge in cold weather I also added a small inexpensive, thermostat and heating pad just incase.  The BMS also has cold temp shut off.  Many people put these batteries inside in a closet or under their bed.  I have 800 amp hours at 12v but we need more to heat with the mini split.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift