"RV" Interior conversions

KandM25

Well we finally found a suitable rig.  A 2016 Cascadia Evo.  It is a bit barebones.  We are adding an AC/DC fridge, microwave and portapotty to complete our RV conversion for SD licensing.  I'd love to see some photos of how you have done this.  I have bunks and driver side cabinets, but only a bottom cabinet on the passenger side.  We are having the fridge wired directly to the batteries, since there are no cabinets for the microwave, we will be mounting it above the fridge.  The fridge has the standard mounting brackets above and below.  Thinking of mounting a nice finished piece of wood onto the upper bracket.  Thanks for your input, after this the bed build begins...

I gutted out the cabinets and bed. Just threw in some seats out of early 2000s Chevy trucks. Because they have built in seat belt. Built a cabinet for fridge, microwave and porta-potty. Nothing fancy at all. Purely function. The cabinet over laps the far left seat just a tad but nobody complains. Its actually my daughters favorite seat. But that may be because its next to the power inverter that runs everything and she can keep her phone plugged in.

You will want to put better insulation down on the floor and pull the interior down of the walls and insulate better. I did not do that in the walls but I have plans to go back and do that later. I have an old truck and its pretty noisy. But then sometimes thats OK because if the kids start whining I can just turn the radio up a hair and cant heat a thing back there.

I had to make a bracket to hold the fridge in place. I just used the TV hold down strap from the factory cabinet to hold in the microwave.

If you dont have windows this is a good time to install them as well as new seats.

The seats I installed in the back are still fully functional. They slide forward and back and recline. One is set ahead in the picture because of the HVAC system in the sleeper. Passengers typically slide the other two ahead so they are in a row. There is an incredible amount of storage back there when you have all the seats slid ahead.

There are way more fancy setups than this but like I said above this is pure function. I got my truck in February of that year. The entire conversion was done and truck on the road by July. I had neither the time or the bank account to do any more.

WyQhx1al.jpg

Edbtn7xl.jpg

I5vPjS5l.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I have thought about removing the cabinet behind the drivers seat for a while. I'm thinking it would be a big job. 

The reason is, I'd like for the seat to move back a bit further and recline a bit more at times. 

Mine is currently totally stock except for a replacement fridge before my purchase. It would have to be moved somewhere and most likely I'd go with a smaller cooler type unit. I don't use the Dorm style enough to justify it, but might use one I could pull out and toss in the Jeep  on occasion a bit more. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I went with the dorm style because kids. When its just the wife and I on our short trips we dont even turn it on. Now when we are the whole family on our long summer trips that thing is loaded down and used as a overflow from the camper fridge. I made it so I can run a cord in from outside and plug that fridge into the pole at the campground. I can also run it off the generator mounted on the truck when we are stopped sight seeing. The generator is plugged into a breaker box that leads to several outlets inside and outside the truck.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.