2004 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager

Bert2

I have bought today a 2004 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager model 8368MXG on a Workhorse W22 chassis. I have two questions.

1) I have 2 temperature guages on the dash. One in the instrument cluster and a second one on the left side of the dash. Is the second one transmission temperature?

2) What compartment do you stuff the spare tire in? There is no spare with it and I intend to buy one. Question is which storage area will it fit in as the compartments appear too small?

Thank you for all responses.

4 hours ago, Bert2 said:

2) What compartment do you stuff the spare tire in? There is no spare with it and I intend to buy one.

Very few class A motorhomes have a spare tire today. When they did have one it was usually mounted under the rear of the motorhome. We owned our first class A for 9 years and the second one for 14 years and in that time we never used the spare tire. If you carry a road service policy then you would be better served to just carry an extra tire that is not mounted on a wheel as that will take far less storage space and any road service can mount it for you, should you ever need to use it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I too would expect the 2nd gauge to be A/T temperature.

Carrying a spare tire also brings the responsibility to replace it when it ages-out between 7 and 10 years since made.

Seach the internet for replacing flat tires on a MH while traveling, you'll find it is very seldom. put those 2 facts together and it makes purchasing an emergence roadside assistance plan attractive.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

You may find this Workhorse Chassis Guide to be helpful in the future. With tires of the proper size not readily available, have you checked the date codes on the present tires to be sure that they are not excessively old? A blown tire when traveling is difficult even under ideal conditions so I strongly suggest that you do so before you take any long trips with your RV. 

Tire Date Code and How to Read It

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

14 hours ago, Bert2 said:

I hope anyone needing a tire is carrying one. No stock available currently in Manitoba Canada for my new to me motorhome. Shop is expecting one to two weeks to get me a tire.

Is the 2-week lead time for any brand or just the brand you desire?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 8/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, Kirk W said:

You may find this Workhorse Chassis Guide to be helpful in the future. With tires of the proper size not readily available, have you checked the date codes on the present tires to be sure that they are not excessively old? A blown tire when traveling is difficult even under ideal conditions so I strongly suggest that you do so before you take any long trips with your RV. 

Tire Date Code and How to Read It

The front tires are 2 years old and the back are 10 years old. Dealership is replacing back tires before I take delivery.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:34 PM, Kirk W said:

Or the brand desired in the size needed?

Any brand and 3 different sizes that could work since the dealership is replacing all four rear tires. No stock on any size or brand. Hope to find out tomorrow where they will be shipped from when the warehouse reopens on Monday.

• 4 months later...

Bert2, I had a Mustang that the electronic dash temperature gauge was really squirrely.  It would be normal and suddenly jump up too hot.  Rather than spend the $$$ on a dash repair, I mounted a reliable mechanical temperature gauge.  It was easy to do and more reliable than the IDIOT gauge.  The engine never ran hot.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot