class of Sept 2021

Ranch Gal

Hello? I'm single, retired from working on a livestock ranch in Wyoming 2 years ago.  I lived in a 20ft Airstream down by the barn and did anything that needed done from livestock to fencing to cooking. I sold the Airstream and rented a house during the pandemic. The owner moved back into the house so I had to move. Its good.  I moved out of that house and put everything in storage. I am waiting on my Cirrus 820 truck camper to be delivered. No home base. I am very happy about it all yet my brain argues with me with those pesky 3AM "What in the heck have I just done" moments. I know that I have chosen a lifestyle full of fun, adventures, new friends, a much different set of challenges. Hello everyone nice to meet ya'll !

Welcome to the forums! Since you are in WY it is a shame that you weren't able to attend Escapade that recently ended in Rock Springs. We raised our family in Cheyenne and still think of WY as home. If we had our dreams we would spend summers up there and winters at our present home base in TX. 

It is very normal to have some questions when you make such a life change and especially one that so many people feel is unconventional. We too went through the period of questioning, but the decision lead us to what we now believe was 12 of the very best years of our lives. Just keep thinking positive and look forward to your new experiences to come in the near future. While not for everyone, it can be an exciting and fun way to live. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome to a great way of life. Your camper looks like a good one to me. You sound like a person who will be happy with the roaming lifestyle. I wish you well on your journey.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Welcome!  I predict you'll be successful in your new lifestyle and the 3am awakenings will soon disappear!  If you ever get bored I'm sure there are dude ranches that would need your expertise for a part-time gig.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be in that class of 2021 too! In two weeks I work my last work day, then go on leave. I come back on September 24th to sign out and I will be retired. 

I already have a couple of trips planned to finish up with some things, then a campout with a group of women, then a friend and I are out of here!