I80 from Laramie to Rock Springs construction

For you folks coming in from the east on I80 there is extensive construction from Laramie west especially thru rawlings, it then mostly vanishes until just east of Rock Springs. It mainly makes the road single lanes each way and has stretches of 45 mph and 65 mph. So not a major slow down.

We saw an unending string of RV's heading west on I80. And the cg where we are overnight, Tex's Travel seems to be mostly Escapees. We check in Friday at Sweetwater.

Thanks for the info!  We'll be coming up I-25 from Cheyenne, then takin' a left on I-80.

We'll be the ones with the big Momentum and the wife on the stingray sidecar!

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

2 hours ago, agesilaus said:

And the cg where we are overnight, Tex's Travel seems to be mostly Escapees. We check in Friday at Sweetwater.

Isn't Tex's in Green River, & about 20 miles west of Rock Springs? There isn't a lot by way of RV parks in RS otYouher than KOA but there is an RV friendly Walmart at exit 102 or if you follow the directions to the Sweetwater Events Center, there is a dirt field directly across the road from the main entry that belongs to the center and where one is allowed to dry camp. There are about 10 rigs there tonight waiting to arrive tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Will B. said:

Thanks for the info!  We'll be coming up I-25 from Cheyenne, then takin' a left on I-80.

If you are traveling from the south around Denver, you could save yourself about 90 miles and cover some scenic country by leaving I25 at Ft. Collins and take US287 from there to Laramie. It is mostly 2 lane with an extra climbing lane on the grades and the pass there is only 8,100' while Sherman Pass on I80 is 8,640'.

Looking forward to seeing you both when you arrive. Look me us as I am pretty easy to find since work security here at Escapade.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI