2012 Dodge Cummins fuel mileage

Gmantwo

Hard to give a close estimate.  It all depends on several factors...one is how fast you drive.  The other is are   you driving flat lands to mountains.

But you should expect as low as 7 or 8 and as high as 12 mpg.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

9 hours ago, Gmantwo said:

Thanks, might as well keep the Sequoia if it’s gonna be that low. 

People do not buy an RV for  good fuel economy.  You will like a diesel for better pulling power.  We tow the rig in our signature at 65 mph and trailer a bit over 19,000 lb.  We typically get 9 mpg and on rare occasion, close to 10 mpg.  In the mountains, we will get 7 to  8 mpg... A gasser would not begin to tow this load.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 5 months later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:01 AM, TXiceman said:

People do not buy an RV for  good fuel economy.  You will like a diesel for better pulling power.  We tow the rig in our signature at 65 mph and trailer a bit over 19,000 lb.  We typically get 9 mpg and on rare occasion, close to 10 mpg.  In the mountains, we will get 7 to  8 mpg... A gasser would not begin to tow this load.

Ken

I'm a lot heavier then 19k I'm closer to 24k on the 5vet and 35k overall.  I tow with and MDT gasser.  Properly geared and driven correctly no prob at all.  Let the gasser ride at peak torque no issue.  Rev it up and let it roar. No lugging in OD not built that way.