Power envy..............

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Donna, and I, just returned home after a few days at one of the condo time share things she inherited, I was driving her turbo-charged PT Cruiser, which is a fun little family runabout.  We were driving on State Hwy 2, east bound up and over Stevens Pass, which I have crossed many times in all kinds of vehicles to include the Freightliner, I used to tow with and the Pete, I now use.  We were about a quarter mile behind a Pete 379 that was towing a 53 foot trailer, I have no idea if the trailer was loaded or empty. 

As Donna, was riding shotgun I was driving pretty conservatively and not once drove more then 5 miles per hour over the speed limit, that truck passed a few cars, was soon out of sight and topped the pass before we did and we didn't see it again until going down the east slope and spotted it sitting in the rest stop on the north side of the hwy.  Even if dragging an empty trailer on that road and up that pass there must have been some serious horse power under that Hood, yeah power envy, I has it big time.

Someday maybe I'll grow up and enjoy life in the slow lane, I hope NOT.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I have the X15 cummins in my new Kenworth. With 7 axles on the ground loaded 95,000 lbs plus I can pass these 80,000 lb freight trucks going up hill. But every once in a while one of them cattle pot trucks will blow my doors off. 

Edited by jenandjon

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

22 minutes ago, jenandjon said:

I have the X15 cummins in my new Kenworth. With 7 axles on the ground loaded 95,000 lbs plus I can pass these 80,000 lb freight trucks going up hill. But every once in a while one of them cattle pot trucks will blow my doors off. 

Howdy Jon,

I would really enjoy owning a retired "Bull Hauler" truck, but I feel such enjoyment would be short lived as if I had the "power" I would use it and I learned long ago you can't outrun a radio.

I love this guys video's.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
Added video

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I met a southbound cow truck on AB Hwy 36 Veterans Memorial Hwy one afternoon in the Open Country.  

Rain shower, cornering crosswind from behind him to his right (i.e. northwest). Me going north in chebby company pickup.

VaROOM WHOOOOOOSH!

He blew my driver side wiper arm about 6 inches off the screen then it wrapped around the door pillar and was twitching away stuck on the door glass when the blast of water cleared.... 

I guess GM Product Testing doesn't have "Meeting Cow Truck in Crosswind Mode" on the wind tunnel 'puter. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever.