Quality RV Manufacturers

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Grand Design, Arctic Fox, Airstream, 

We had friends who tried to full-time in their Airstream and found it wasn't insulated enough.... hot in summer; cold in winter (in Arizona).

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

Are you fulltime? What type of RV are you interested in: a smaller 5th wheel, travel trailer or motorhome? By best do you mean quality of workmanship, construction or value for the dollar? More information will help folks give more specific answers.

Again, Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

Edited by trailertraveler

If you're looking for a fifth wheel or travel trailer, I'd suggest looking at Northwood Manufacturing, maker of Arctic Fox, Nash and other lines.  Northwood | Northwood Manufacturing (northwoodmfg.com)

Also worth considering is Northwood's sister company, Outdoors RV.  ORV | Outdoors RV Manufacturing (outdoorsrvmfg.com)

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

16 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

We had friends who tried to full-time in their Airstream and found it wasn't insulated enough....

There are a lot of people out there living in their Airstream trailers, as is probably true of most any brand that you can name. I have never heard of any brand that has no unhappy owners.I am not a fan of Airstream but there are more very old Airstreams still in service than any other make that I know of. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

There are a lot of people out there living in their Airstream trailers, as is probably true of most any brand that you can name. I have never heard of any brand that has no unhappy owners.I am not a fan of Airstream but there are more very old Airstreams still in service than any other make that I know of. 

Correct. Airstreams have a big following.  I was just passing along information.  Being cold isn't fun.  The couple was spending the winter in southern Arizona and they didn't like the coldness of the walls/floor.  They're not new to RVing and have had others.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Since you say you're downsizing, that leaves out some high quality manufacturers ,ie, New Horizons, Luxe, Doubletree, because most of their units are over 34 ft in length. Along with the ones already mentioned I'd add KZ Jayco, and Cardinal , and of course, Hitchhikers and Excels, both of which went out of business in 2015.

2009 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot C32BL 5er,

2018 Ford F350 Srw diesel. Curt 20Q slider hitch

Lewisburg, Tn.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had many RV's over the years . I am happy with my 2019 Airstream. However it is the most expensive RV that I have owned. 

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake----which I also keep handy.
2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7L CCLWB
2019 Airstream 25FB

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 7:05 AM, LindaH said:

If you're looking for a fifth wheel or travel trailer, I'd suggest looking at Northwood Manufacturing, maker of Arctic Fox, Nash and other lines.  Northwood | Northwood Manufacturing (northwoodmfg.com)

Also worth considering is Northwood's sister company, Outdoors RV.  ORV | Outdoors RV Manufacturing (outdoorsrvmfg.com)

Thanks - we decided on the Fox Mountain, leaving behind a Forest River product.  We made a good decision and it's nice to get confirmation.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, barnesonwheels said:

It's time to downsize our fifth wheel, but we have lost touch with who produces the best products these days.

If you have had a particularly good experience with current companies and would recommend the quality of their products we would appreciate your response.

Got some helpful replies.  Went with Northwood, leaving Forest River.