RV Connected to House Electric and RV in Storage question

Mike Diesel

I am sure this question has been asked / answered a 100 times but was unable to find it on the forum.  Two questions.

Just returned from picking up my Rig, have the RV parked in driveway for a few days to clean it up.  I plugged it into the house outlet using a 15amp to 50amp connection.  Will this keep my batteries charging and are there any concerns to be aware of.  I did turn off the Residential Fridge, lights etc.. 

Also,  I will be keeping the RV in storage for a few weeks until I use it again,  was planning on turning off house batteries and the engine batteries.  I do have a 100W solar panel that charges the batteries.  Is this the right approach,  I am not in freezing weather so don't need to winterize. 

Appreciate any feedback.

The 15 amp house connection should be fine for keeping the batteries up and taking care of parasitic loads. 

And, the 100 amp solar panel should work fine as well. Is it on a charge controller so that it won't overcharge the batteries?

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

19 minutes ago, mptjelgin said:

The 15 amp house connection should be fine for keeping the batteries up and taking care of parasitic loads. 

And, the 100 amp solar panel should work fine as well. Is it on a charge controller so that it won't overcharge the batteries?

It’s a 100w solar, came with new rig and it has a controller.