Replacing carpet

PAylor

Hi all,

After a year of no posts from me this is the 4th in three days!

Want to replace the carpet.  The carpet is only on one of the living room slides. All the rest of our fifth wheel is tile.  Any input?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by PAylor

There are several different products that have become popular in the RV community. I think that if I were doing this I would seriously consider one of the laminate, wood flooring materials. Are you only planning to do the slide or will you want to match what is there in the room next to it?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I removed our old carpet and cut the new carpet to size with 1.5" extra on the leading edges and used double back tape and folded it over to from the leading edge. The new carrpet is held down with the same heavy-duty tape. In the bottom photo you can see the folded over edge. 

Denny

20190606_150245_copy_483x644_1_copy_241x321.jpg

20190612_090554_copy_483x644_copy_241x321.jpg

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

We replace our fifth wheel slide out carpet on a regular basis now, almost yearly, since the cost is so little, less than $100. We find carpet remnants at a Home Depot/Lowes that are 6' X 12' that have binding sewn around the edges. I can cut the remnant down the middle and use the old carpet pieces for a pattern, using staples along the back wall and double sided tape on the front edge. The wife loves changing the carpet often and for that price, it's not worth having the carpet steam cleaned.

Flooring.JPG

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, DestiYemm said:

The most important thing to know about carpets is that they need to be cleaned. Seriously, at least once a year. The carpets are very warm and cozy, but there is also a lot of dirt and dust on the carpets.

I doubt this will help the OP, but a few years ago I decided to try carpet over the original sheet flooring.  I went to Lowes and got a piece of indoor/outdoor carpeting which I cut to fit.  I did not need to fasten it or finish the edges.  The rubber backing keeps it from sliding.  When it starts to get dirty, I just pull it out, hang it over a rope and beat on it like olden days.  Once a year I wash it with Lysol and water.  It still looks like new and I could easily replace it for $50 and an hour of work.  After a day of hiking, I enjoy being able to walk around the camper with no shoes.  Even on cold night, a midnight trip to the bathroom with no shoes works well.