New to the Club

SusanT

Hello!  My name is Susan, I'm a retired RN from Florida,  and I love to travel.   I am in the process of researching the purchase of a Class C  RV so I can tour the US with my son, daughter in law and  granddaughter.  Prior camping type trips have been just my granddaughter and I car camping in my Prius. Did a 51 day trip in summer of 2019 with an Alaskan cruise and 10 more days in various hotels in Alaska added on.  In 2018, we did 34 days on the East Coast of the US up to Niagara Falls and back.  Being from Florida we were all avid cruisers but that has not been an option, again due to COVID.  

This just seems like an ideal time to make it a family adventure for year or two.  Know very little about an RV lifestyle so have signed up for the December 6th seminars and am looking forward to learning the best ways to make this journey a success.

Thanks for letting me join

Susan

Welcome. You will find RVing to be a great way to cope with social distancing. Feel free to ask any questions you have; we love to give our advice. :) 

Thanks for bringing back memories of a trip I took with my mother and my daughter in a Class C many years ago. It's a great way to travel with youngsters.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 hours ago, SusanT said:

Hello!  My name is Susan, I'm a retired RN from Florida,  and I love to travel. 

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are always happy to have new members and helping others is what the Escapees RV Club is all about. You are wise to do some research before you buy any RV and keep an open mind about the various types of RV. You may also want to consider renting an RV for a week or so trip before you buy one, just to be sure that it is the kind of travel that you will enjoy. Please feel free to ask questions or offer comments in any of our forums and with any of the subject threads. 

2 hours ago, alisonsawyer said:

I'm also new to the club just like you:

Welcome to you also and do not hesitate to join in or ask questions!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI