Montana hd

Joshua

ARE you a legal resident of MT? If so, the information in the video probably will not apply to you.

If you're NOT a legal resident of MT here's a link to a YouTube video that explains the negatives of trying to get away with what is likely a tax scam / dodge: 

CA, NJ, NY and GA (and I imagine other states) are ACTIVELY pursuing people they suspect are tax cheats. 

I believe there is information in the Heavy Haulers Resource Guide on HDT registration. DO double check as the HHRG information might be outdated:

http://www.hhrvresource.com/

If the HDT you're considering still has it's commercial fifth wheel hitch, expect to run into problems getting insurance as they're likely to look at it as a COMMERCIAL VEHICLE. Good luck!

I would suggest looking into converting it to a Motorhome title if you are not going to use it commercially.

I would say if you are going to have a bed on it and it meets the requirements then I would change it to being a Motorhome title.

If the truck is 10 years old or older you can pay one price for permanent plates. It may need to be 11 years old as I have not read the specs lately.

We live in Montana and have a 2000 Volvo registered as a Motorhome. 

Vern in a T-shirt 

It will take some thing on the converting but it is doable.