HDT add ons

Nwcid

I have an Onan mounted on the truck with a separate "house" bank of batteries on the truck. The onan charges the truck and house bank of batteries and the banks are isolated and also able to jump between.

We stayed at a harvest hosts a few days ago. There was another family there and I told them I had a residential refrigerator and needed to keep the generator on over night (inverter acting up) and would they mind. He said, "crank it up and let me hear it." I said, it is running already. Being under the truck, and being an Onan Quiet diesel, i think it is much quieter than even a single honda 2000i. And plumbed into the truck tanks, have 250 gallons to run it a long time. 

Also, if you do it like this, I have a 50 amp outlet, 30 amp outlet, as well as 20 amp outlets. I have run my trailer with 2 acs and another trailer with 2 acs at 95 degrees outside no problem. Also, have a transfer switch and plug into shore power to keep the batteries charged as well as run the fridge and AC in the bunk as our guest room, or to keep the truck warm/cool before leaving the next day. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

On my black tank that I installed on the truck I used a extra port at the top and installed a 1/2 inch pcv pipe with an elbow and a capped length going down to the bottom of the tank for support a small hole in the cap so it can drain out I drilled several small holes in it. I can attach a hose to it for cleaning, I keep a short section of hose with only a male fitting and the other end cut off to slip on the end of the wash hose often provided at dump stations and yes you have to be careful not to get wet. I plan for a bladder tank in the future if I find I need more storage, I think it could even go under the Smart. A couple of fresh blader tanks could go on the deck beside the hitch or under the Smart as they will be empty and put away for the return trip.  I use the same 1" hoses that I fill the tank with to empty it.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:54 AM, lockmup68 said:

I have an Onan mounted on the truck with a separate "house" bank of batteries on the truck. The onan charges the truck and house bank of batteries and the banks are isolated and also able to jump between.

We stayed at a harvest hosts a few days ago. There was another family there and I told them I had a residential refrigerator and needed to keep the generator on over night (inverter acting up) and would they mind. He said, "crank it up and let me hear it." I said, it is running already. Being under the truck, and being an Onan Quiet diesel, i think it is much quieter than even a single honda 2000i. And plumbed into the truck tanks, have 250 gallons to run it a long time. 

Also, if you do it like this, I have a 50 amp outlet, 30 amp outlet, as well as 20 amp outlets. I have run my trailer with 2 acs and another trailer with 2 acs at 95 degrees outside no problem. Also, have a transfer switch and plug into shore power to keep the batteries charged as well as run the fridge and AC in the bunk as our guest room, or to keep the truck warm/cool before leaving the next day. 

Well,

I also have a 50+ gallon black tank and a 110+ fresh water tank, a 12.5 Onan QD mounted under the frame extension with the solar batteries, inverters, mounted in the drom box.
Have a RV park pedestal mounted in the storage box for my friends to plug into. 

I find it much easier to bobtail the truck to the dump station and fill with fresh water than tearing down camp to do so.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg