Lap sealant and styrofoam

Wrknrvr

I am curious if anyone has used Doctor lap sealant to seal styrofoam to a rv body. Going to be wintering In Montana this year.     I am thinking about using lap sealant to seal the styrofoam to the body. The sealant can be re removed fairly easy if needed.

The styrofoam will be on a frame work for stability.

Also what glue would good to use blue styrofoam together.

Curious Vern in a T-shirt 

Edited by Wrknrvr

It depends on what you are gluing it to & how long you have for it to dry.  Here is a You Tube video showing the results of a bunch of different glues.

I used Lock tight PI Premium Fast grab to attach blue foam to fiberglass.  It is tacky enough that it holds almost immediately.

Edited by vermilye

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

• 2 weeks later...

J5V2bAJl.jpg

A few days ago I put some dicor lap sealant on some blue styrofoam. It has not disturbed the styrofoam.

So this is to seal the styrofoam to the fiberglass body where I can. I do have lots of other stuff to be doing.  But we are supposed to have 39 degrees on Monday night I think.  Rather get started early and figure out what I want to do. Before the grass turns white.

Vern in a T-shirt