Insurance for RV property (land)

stormer

After covid 'stuff' happened we purchased some land.  Put an RV port on it, privacy fence, full hookups.  All said and done, +20k of development.  I can't seem to find any company that will insure my RVport or my privacy fence or my electrical/plumbing hookups?  Evidently if you don't have a 'house' on it, they won't insure it.  (geico).  Does anyone else have this issue?  Who do you use for something like this?  Thank you!   

I encountered a similar issue when I purchased a lot in an "ownership RV park" in TX.  We have  3,000 sq  of property, a storage shed, a heated/cooled casita plus hookups. I was looking for liability coverage and contents and structure coverage.

To my surprise no one wanted to cover it.  If it was bare land they'd have gladly written a liability policy but no one wanted to touch the "improvements."

To cut to the chase, I did find a brokerage that specializes in RV parks and, essentially, what they did for me was write an RV park policy for a park with one site--mine!

I have no idea if they can help you, but it might be worth a call.  I probably called at least a dozen places before finding them.

This is the person who just handled my renewal:

Liz Hoffman

Rowley Insurance

512) 454-6655 Phone

800) 880-9397 Toll Free

512) 452-9018 Fax

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Welcome to the Escapee forums! 

It may be helpful to share what state you are located in as we might be able tor suggest an insurance agent to help. 

My property is in TX as is my broker.  But I know that they insure parks all over the US

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels