Minnesota and Wisconsin camping environment

agesilaus

Whats the camping environment like in Minnesota and Wisconsin right now?

We will be in Montana Monday and I want to return to FL via Hwy 2 then south once we get to Minnesota. So far we haven't encountered anything more than minor irritations in the states we've been thru. We slipped thru NM before that governor cracked down again. And the worst thing we've seen was closed visitor centers, restaurants, attractions and such.

We have to be back in FL, in mid August, so my wife can work for 3 weeks and retire from the school system.

4 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Whats the camping environment like in Minnesota and Wisconsin right now?

Here's Minnesota State Park and State Forest information about reopening camping: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/stay_overnight/minnesota-state-parks-and-trails-summer-2020.html

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Both states are open ...state parks in both MN and WI require online reservations. In MN, same day reservations will not incur reservation fee of about $8. KOA open. MN and WI require vehicle passes, in WI you have to buy an annual online and print receipt for use until you receive the sticker in the mail.

The shutdown has made it difficult to get reservations, Sun-Thurs best odds. July and Aug are the busiest months. Try Whitewater State Park (MN) if you come home via I-90. Very quiet park with newer section in the open prairie and older section in woods. Not too far from Winona the river for scenic tours.

Edited by ToddF

We have friends who are currently working as volunteers with the Army Corps of Engineers at a lake in MN and they told me yesterday that the COE campgrounds are open there, however you must have an advance reservation, either online or by phone. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI