Lost Signal for Visible

So Visible e which has worked great until now suddenly lost it's signal. It is a Moto 7.

This happened when the battery died. I rebooted X 3, powered off and on, reset the network to factory, and pulled the sim tray and reinserted nothing works. I've been on chat hold with Visible for over an hour, account shows a balance. I texted them too and got an all tech busy .

Visible doesn't seem to worry about support.

Any suggestions? Thanks BK

Edited by agesilaus

When you did a factory reset of the phone, did you reinstall the Visible app?  I'm not sure that the phone can connect without it.  I wouldn't be surprised if the app sets the APN which is different from the Verizon APN.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, docj said:

When you did a factory reset of the phone, did you reinstall the Visible app?  I'm not sure that the phone can connect without it.  I wouldn't be surprised if the app sets the APN which is different from the Verizon APN.

The APN Visible uses is "VSBLINTERNET", if that helps with trouble shooting.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 4 weeks later...

OK let me finish this up with a surprise ending. I've spent the last three weeks on and off chat with visible. At least 7 sessions including two supposed transfers to 'network'. No joy whatsoever. Finally after all this their 'network' people email me and say your phone does not work because there is no Verizon service where you are. And that's with my wife sitting next to me with her phone on Verizon working fine this whole time. Thru GA-TN-AR-OK-NM and CO

So they had worn me down and I decided I needed a working phone no matter what. So this afternoon I contacted their sales chat and set up getting a new Moto G7, which is what I have now, with a new sim. She tells me log off and then come back and I'll be able to order the phone and sim. $189.

Just before I do that I decide the swap sims with my wifes Moto G5, her sim does not work on my phone. So I think the phone is kaput, I'm signing back on the Visible app to complete the order when I notice I have three bars of signal!!? So sticking her sim in and then putting mine back in fixed my phone and saved me $200. LOL

One comment if you ever have to contact visible tech support the visible app chat is the only way that works....I tried all the others. And their techs are helpful but not so effective maybe. Most of the time I waited between 5 and 20 minutes to connect on chat.

Glad to see you got it sorted out! Fortunately, I haven't had any need to contact Visible tech support so far, so fingers crossed... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system