relacement fantastic fan

Mine is faulty. It is on a thermostat on wall. Gear is stripped out. Top raises on it. I intent to cover it with a solar panel. I have seen units on line that do not lift. Hard to determine just how high they are. Thoughts?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

It might be something that simple but I don't really want to fix it. They lift too high for a panel. Dometic makes one with a staionary top. It looks to be low profile. Specs state 4". Never seen one though. Seems to have a smaller fan but reviews state it moves just as much air.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I replaced mine with Maxx Air MaxFans. They have a built in rain cover, low profile and much quieter with better speed control. My fantastic fans had rain sensors that would close the vents every time you took a shower, so frustrating...

Dometic now owns Fan-Tastic Fan, The new replacement motors are reported as quite noisy compared to the original.

Glenn, 4.34" is not too high to cover with panels IMO,  could exhausted hot air affect them?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

The Maxx Air fan he linked looked rather tall. The stationary one I looked at is easily workable. It has a smaller fan though. Think it 5". Hoping someone here had seen one

Edited by GlennWest

The Fantastic vents will stop at a lower height when they hit a restriction.  I have vent covers on ours that restrict the opening height.  When the lid hits the vent cover the increased amps are detected and the lift motor shuts off.  I was advised that this is how these are designed and will not harm them by a manufacturer rep years ago.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

15 hours ago, Randyretired said:

The Fantastic vents will stop at a lower height when they hit a restriction.  I have vent covers on ours that restrict the opening height.  When the lid hits the vent cover the increased amps are detected and the lift motor shuts off.  I was advised that this is how these are designed and will not harm them by a manufacturer rep years ago.

Ditto! When Fan-Tastic Fan (800-521-0298) was by itself the lids had a lifetime warranty. I called them for a replacement 5 years ago, the lady I spoke with warranted my cracked lid. The shipping charge from Fed-Ex was $16 though. Atwood bought Fan-Tastic Fan, then Dometic bought Atwood, I have no idea if the lid lifetime warranty is still in effect.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961