missing boot camp and need advice

Missedbootcamp

You don't say what year model it is but assuming new, it looks like a  gross weight just under 9000# so you are figuring correctly. As you shop you need to check to see what the maximum combined weight allowed is as well as the maximum towing weight. You can probably get by with a 150/1500 truck or possibly one of the larger SUV's but make sure. It budge allows, more tow vehicle is always better. With a trailer that is nearly 30' long you need to be concerned about the tow vehicle wheelbase as well. I suggest that you spend some time reading the information this link to Changin Gears website. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You need to pay attention to payload also called Cargo capacity. Most people will run out of this before they run out of towing capacity.  You, your passengers, and any gear + hitch weight + trailer tongue weight must fit within cargo capacity of the tow vehicle.

As an example: I have a F350 dual rear wheel diesel, 5th wheel towing capacity of 34,000 pounds. However with me, my wife, the dogs, hitch and gear in the bed I will run out of cargo capacity with a 24,000 pound 5th wheel.

There is a couple of stickers in the door of every vehicle, typically the one with yellow on it will list cargo capacity. This is as it came from the factory, any options added will reduce this number.

Edited by filthy-beast

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

I would skip an SUV with that heavy of a trailer, except for something like a 3/4 ton Suburban ( are they still making them in 3/4 ton?).  

While some of the half ton trucks will work, you’ll have to check out individual truck labels for the cargo capacity.  As was mentioned, any added features add weight to the vehicle and takes away from the cargo capacity.  Assuming a 12% tongue weight for a 9,000 trailer, you are starting off with over 1000 lbs of cargo. The cargo capacity of my just-traded in F150 was just over 1600 lbs (Lariat 4x4 crew cab). When loaded, it was right at the 7000 lb GVWR with just 750 lb tongue weight - I have a lot of stuff in the bed and back seat of the truck.  I think any of the 3/4 ton trucks would be better and it might be easier to find one with the features you want and that will still provide you the cargo capacity.

Edited by fpmtngal