castlewood57

2020 a new year and  time to continue projects!

Will be starting 2020 with a new windshield to be installed next Wednesday.

Next month if the temperatures start to warm up, the power inverter will be installed.

And finally a jackalopee box will be installed once that is done.

2019 was a fresh set of tires all the way around, and full fluid and filters maintenance.

Pb5Wvexl.jpg

Sounds like some of the same projects I'll be working on as soon as the weather warms a bit.

1. inverter-charger
  2. cab-cam system
  3. chassis lube and oil change
  4. inspect trailer bearings, too...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Yes, mine is doing a bit of work now, but eventually it will be pulling a trailer. 
It does sound like we'll be doing a lot of the same work,  we get up to 35 this weekend.
Truck goes into shop for a new windshield next week Wednesday, hated seeing that new crack show up after warming it up last week.

But it was working hard this summer hauling hay to the farm for winter.  Just part of the price of business, hopefully I will be able to write it off.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, Av8r3400 said:

Sounds like some of the same projects I'll be working on as soon as the weather warms a bit.

1. inverter-charger
  2. cab-cam system
  3. chassis lube and oil change
  4. inspect trailer bearings, too...

What are you looking at for a cab cam system?  Are you recording?
I am looking at adding some additional insulation to get things a bit more quiet during travels, it's ok now, but would like to dampen the noise levels down a bit more,  I figured since I am ripping things up now anyway,  it's the right time to do it.

10 hours ago, castlewood57 said:

What are you looking at for a cab cam system?  Are you recording?
I am looking at adding some additional insulation to get things a bit more quiet during travels, it's ok now, but would like to dampen the noise levels down a bit more,  I figured since I am ripping things up now anyway,  it's the right time to do it.

My camera system is the actual "Cab-Cam" brand unit.   It does not record as I have it configured.  It may be possible, but this isn't a feature I wanted.  Mine has is a screen capable of up to 4 cameras.  I currently have two (2), one showing the hitch and one to be mounted on the back of our trailer.  These are wired cameras.  I am hoping to get this system installed prior to leaving for the ECR (weather permitting).

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Av8r3400 said:

My camera system is the actual "Cab-Cam" brand unit.   It does not record as I have it configured.  It may be possible, but this isn't a feature I wanted.  Mine has is a screen capable of up to 4 cameras.  I currently have two (2), one showing the hitch and one to be mounted on the back of our trailer.  These are wired cameras.  I am hoping to get this system installed prior to leaving for the ECR (weather permitting).

Ok, I am looking for something to record, and has decent video for backing up to hitch as well.   My wife was riding with me one day and saw some of the special stupid that is occurring on the highways now, her comment was get something set up to record before we go anywhere.

Check out haloview. They are wireless with a repeater on the roof of the fifth so good signal. Looks like the one for $369  can record also.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD