TOGO here thinking about installation

When it stops raining, maybe Wednesday. What I am thinking is this, we has a useless sat tv dome on top of the TT. I'm thinking of pulling that and putting the TOGO dome there. I'm guessing there is a 12V cable under that sat dome which will solve the wire pulling issue.

I was told selling sat TV systems at an RV show that we had an 'old dome' and others have opined it is now worthless. We bought the 2016 RV used and it did not come with the sat tv box anyway. And I have no plans to spend a fortune on sat tv anyway.

The TOGO comes with a Sling TV offer. And also there are two data plans offered 5 GB/month not unlimited for $25/mo. And the unlimited $360/yr plan that everyone talks about.

Your dome may or may not have 12 volt power run to it.  Some receive power through the Coax cable and some through a separate 12 volt connection.  It will depend on your specific dome installation.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 1 month later...

The plan is going away and renewals will not be honored.  8 minute video - 

Text article - https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/alert-att-pulling-togo-airstream-360-year-unlimited-data-plans-effective-january-16th-2020/ .

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Another user says he got an email saying that they are canceling the unlimited 360/yr program on 1/15/2020 so you need to sign up before then.

I have the device but have not activated yet, so I'll wait until January to sign up to maximize the time. Hopefully we will see some other plans come out.

Edited by agesilaus

Bill,

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him do a backflip! ;)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I sent a note off to Winegard…..they replied that they would supply the Admin password(I assume that's needed if wanting to change sim's?). They also related that AT&T will still offer plans but Data will be capped. In my case, I bought the TOGO as a back up so one of the plans offered after the unlimited goes away was a 325.00 a year with a 100 GB cap. ….that would work for me or even one of the monthly plans. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's