State route 21 Washington

runaway parents

Stayed at black beach resort on lake curlew last week end for labor day. Had a blast had a camp site within a 100ft of the lake. Decided to come home via SR 21 the high way between republic and Wilbur. Makes for an interesting drive . Been this way a few years back  this rout has a free river ferry at keller  After you cross the river you have hill called keller hill  this hill has about 10 extremely sharp and steep hair pin curves. Makes for an interesting drive. The only thing I didn't like was the new rumble strips they put down the middle of the road this road is a extremely narrow road with know shoulders  it has fog line 2inches of dirt then ditch. DW did not like this very much so to keep piece I either had to run down the rumble strips and rattle the nuts off the trailer and beat up my back or just stratle them and run down the  middle of the road if you want to test your driving skills this is the one to drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, Scrap said:

I sure don't miss the old ferry!  70ft of truck on a 80ft boat was no fun.  Felt like a fat boy getting on a surfboard!  Definitely a grind getting out of there.

Thats for sure when we got loaded on the ferry we where parked down the middle  . They loaded cars on either side of us to balance the boat. It gave use an extremely un easy feeling as they where doing the boat would list severely to one side or the other. Talk about nerve rattling

On 9/29/2019 at 6:49 AM, runaway parents said:

Thats for sure when we got loaded on the ferry we where parked down the middle  . They loaded cars on either side of us to balance the boat. It gave use an extremely un easy feeling as they where doing the boat would list severely to one side or the other. Talk about nerve rattling

Howdy All,

I have ridden that road and taken the ferry MANY times on my bikes, don't know that I would like to do it with the Pete and the trailer at 72 feet in lenght.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg