Route 145 in Colorado

Pull Dog

22 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

What is weigh and what is your truck. Gradual climb and some steeper downgrades. Take your time.

Clay

2500 Ram Cummins but it's an 05 so no exhaust brake.  The 5th wheel is 31' and under 10,000 loaded.   We've been up and over Monarch Pass with no issues

That route takes you over Lizard Head pass which is a route that bigger rigs often take in order to avoid Coal Bank, Molas and Red Mountain passes, when travelling north from Durango.

You shouldn't have any problem at all, as said above watch your descent speed and enjoy the scenery. If you have the time, there are some cool little towns like Dolores and Rico you can stop in to break up the drive.

Pull Dog, no problems, except keeping your eyes on the road  instead of the beautiful scenery. Its one of my favorite Colorado roads, especially in fall leaf season. You'll pass through ranching/farming country, river bottom, small towns, at least 2 great fishing lakes, high country, and the Telluride ski area. Back when my bones & body were still limber, I used to Hang Glide off Telluride Mountain and depending on which way the thermals were drifting, we would frequently land somewhere along 145 for the chase car to pick us up.

Jim